1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Acid Veins - Cosmos S (Water Cooled, Dual Loop)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by mac1as, 14 Dec 2010.

1. Bartman

Bartman What's a Dremel?

Tell me friend, how is doing this pump for so many blocks and coolers?

2. Bartman

Bartman What's a Dremel?

My friend, tell me, how is doing this pomp, for so many coolers and blocks? is it Swiftech MCP355?

3. AceAdey

AceAdey What's a Dremel?

The pump doesn't do the greatest job. When new it was a treat, but its got bad deg and flow can be cut by as much as 5x over the life. The pump is Laing DDC 18W. The good one. Its being serviced, it will help, by how much I do not know until its back together again.

4. dirky90

dirky90 Minimodder

taken a few ideas from this for my cosmos s build, I hope it looks as good! only time will tell....

5. AceAdey

AceAdey What's a Dremel?

So besides the usual changes and wear and tear. I've put in the Gigabyte G1 Sniper (rev 1.0), changed the loop around, and added Aquacomputer plate, getting new fan controller. The i/o panel. I'm interested in the power connector.

[​IMG]

It lights up green. Very nice. It was throught the ATX. Running two cables into 3 of the pins for the power. I changed that. The ATX is straight 24 pin extension. I just found the i/o panel running off of the motherboard ATX 24 pin connector increased problems with stability. Hence a straight connection is more stable than the dual set up that was. Anyway, now I am left with a dilemma. The I/O panel has no power.

I am adamant its not sharing the ATX connector supply. So would like to know where else it can be connected to power the LED lights, and the power button, if they are the two components that use the power. The audio connectors, USB and eSATA i assume run anyway. Thus, the headers provide them with power.

Here is another pic of the I/O panel in case you like

[​IMG]

Ace AdeyCarter

6. Stem83

Stem83 Addicted to modding.

What a careful and beautiful build, really nicely done!

One question though.... Why use the GFX card when u have more than enough power from the primary graphics card, plus the blue on that physx card spoils it a bit.

Still a great worklog and i love it.

7. AceAdey

AceAdey What's a Dremel?

Erm the primary is an AMD card so it's just a physx card. The blue one was swapped for a black PCB Geforce 9600 GT a while back.

8. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

looks great, good work!

9. raiseDaDead

raiseDaDead What's a Dremel?

love the outcome!!! :rock: :thumb: :)

10. epetersson

epetersson What's a Dremel?

Looks sweet!