1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress AcidBurn mini-ITX mod, CaseLabs Mercury S3

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Pennywise, 20 May 2013.

1. Axoxenon

Axoxenon Do it right the first time

Looks great! I'd go for black aswell.

Beep beep Richie :thumb:

2. dipzy

dipzy Minimodder

great build so far, i too like the black thread on the cables

3. Pennywise

Pennywise Minimodder

So the case panels and power supply are off to Dan at Splat-Designs to be airbrushed. He will be sending me. I am thinking about having him do a couple other things when they come in. I got allot of sleeving done this weekend, and I decided to go with the black thread. I would need a UV reactive thread. I prefer to use a wax based thread. It holds better and the knots are much tighter. The white I found would show up kind of blue under the UV lights. Most other colors would still show up allot darker to the wires. I'll get some pictures taken of the sleeving in the next couple days.
    I also started working on the case feet. I built a prototype to see what it would look like. It looked pretty sweet. The only problem was when I polished it up, It just didn't look right. I'm going to start working on a couple others. I built some round ones that have a single stripe in the middle just in case I can't find a design that works. The pictures is before I polished it up.

[​IMG]

4. Pennywise

Pennywise Minimodder

I couldnt find any EVGA GTX 690 backplates anywhere.So, I decided to make one.
    I'm trying to decide what combination to do.This is what I have so far.
    I was thinking about having flames airbrushed onto the modders mesh behind the acrylic.
    Its not completed, there will be some vinyl decals as well, but What do you guys think so far?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Pennywise

Pennywise Minimodder

I've been kind of all over the place lately. Skipping around from piece to piece.
    The feet are all done, and I just need to mount and wire them. If I have time, I'm going to work on the feet that have more layers to them.
    I decided to put some of this bright green vinyl on my Koolance reservoir, Cougar fans, Adata ssd and Hard drive. I am also using a chrome vinyl on top of that.
    The decals for the Adata ssd and Cougar fans are complete, but I still need to make the decals for the Koolance reservoir, and hard drive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Vetalar

Vetalar *learning english*

{OT}i miss DFI{/OT}

7. Pennywise

Pennywise Minimodder

Ok guys, I got a sneak peak for you.
    I'll have more photos up in the next couple days.

[​IMG]

8. Pennywise

Pennywise Minimodder

As promised, here are the pictures of the airbrush work.
    The panels, power supply and the GTX 690 backplate turned out really great.
    I still have a few things to finished up, and a couple more things to build.
    Everything should be done in the next 2 weeks. I'm going to be trying to get the wiring and uv dimmer finished up this weekend.
    Hopefully I should be ready to fill the system soon. (I can't wait to see the fluid flowing.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Pennywise

Pennywise Minimodder

It's been pretty crazy the last couple weeks, with work, modding, and PDXLan.
    I have finished AcidBurn, and am working on getting some final pictures done.
    It was going to be tonight, but that fell through and I will have to wait till it gets back from Quakecon.
    AcidBurn was in the top 5 for the PDXLan case mod contest. Bob Stewart and Rod Rosenberg won with there Throne Industrial mod. There were some really good mods in this contest. There was also Richard Surroz with his awesome Queen of Blades rig, and Anthony Lackey with his White Lightning (Bling, Bling.) Congratulations to everyone. They were all killer mods.
    For any of you that are going to Quakecon this August, AcidBurn will be displayed in ADATA's booth.
    I have also built a custom info plaque for it.
    Here is a video of the reservoir. The camera makes the video allot darker than it is. I will try to get some better shots for you guys.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtyjxXgyIaI

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]