1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Acrylic from?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by sgr55, 30 May 2005.

1. sgr55

sgr55 What's a Dremel?

OK i've been thinking about building a case from scratch (i have an old coffee table thats goning to take the brunt of the mod... using it for a base... maybe sides) but i lack 1 key thing

2 large pieces of acrylic

Clear non coloured Sheet about 700x600MM
    Clear Blue (darkish) Sheet about 700X600MM

Whats the best place to get this? and wont cost a bomb.... i'm going down to homebase tomorrow :wallbash: (not my fisrt choice believe me but its the nearest ok shop but i doubt they will sell what i want). I've see a few places that do it but not in those sizes.

2. ehrnam45

ehrnam45 What's a Dremel?

get with your local sign shop. they usually have access to shedloads of the stuff, or can get it at a reasonable price. A scrap bin at the sign shop would be even better if they let you dig through it :p

3. kill_me_quick

kill_me_quick Big and Blue

4. sgr55

sgr55 What's a Dremel?

i'm not sure we have a signshop here..... its prob 1 of the very few things that isnt down at Livingston center.... got everything else.... i'll see what homebase has and i'm heading over to maplin (massibe new store) to see what they have... if not i'll give the link about ago..

5. sirbogey

sirbogey What's a Dremel?

Although I wasn't lucky, you might wanna look under "platic" in your local phone book.
    I get my stuff from technologysupplies.co.uk.

6. sirbogey

sirbogey What's a Dremel?

sorry meant "plastic" or "plastic shop".