1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Acrylic Sources

Discussion in 'Modding' started by beckoner, 5 Apr 2011.

1. beckoner

beckoner What's a Dremel?

Hi there, all.

I've got a plan in mind, involving arabesque style aluminium corner brackets and acrylic, but have come up against a roadblock..

As this is a build for my Fiancee, the color is kind of crucial - if it's pink she'll let me spend the money on it.

If I can do that then a full-blown project will ensue - I'm after a Turkish Delight on a hot Moroccan evening feel to it (aircooled with large/slow fans, subtle rose/pink indirect lighting), and I'm aiming for a 11.11.11 deadline

I need a small Panel of 3/5mm Rose/Pink transparent Acrylic (500mmx500mm), but can only seem to find suppliers selling full 2mx1.5m sheets - does anyone know of a UK supplier that sells part sheets of something similar to Perspex Vario Honolulu Pink 4T87?

2. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Hindleys have vario honolulu pink sized at 1000mm x 600mm x 5mm, bigger than you want but you could see if they can do a custom size. Although at £23 i think id just take the sheet.

Ive used them loads and they're really good, never had any issues with them.

3. beckoner

beckoner What's a Dremel?

Thank you. £23 quid is much better than £230+

Damn. That means I'm going to have to wrestle with sketchup for a week or two.

Inspiration for the shape has struck in the form of the Masdar institute. I've no idea where it is, but I love the curves, and feel that the overall structure lends itself to ventilation combined with decoration.