1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Activision working on GoldenEye sequel

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 8 Jun 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. crazyceo

crazyceo New Member

Goldeneye still kicks ass but it is getting difficult to play for any length of time due to low quality fx. A refresh on the Wii would be excellent.

3. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Staff Super Moderator

Awesome game that stole many, many hours of my life. Although I doubt it will persuade me to get a Wii.

4. blood69

blood69 New Member

It would be nice to see a release to PC.

5. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

I loved goldeneye, it was a great game back in its day. But a sequal? really. I wont be getting it because every bond game since has been complete pants compared. Imo it should be one of those games thats fondly remembered but left well alone.

Theres always goldeneye source for those of us that want to relive the game but at todays standards.

6. crazyceo

crazyceo New Member

Were do you get Goldeneye Source from? Is it the full game? I need names, I need prices and I need a weekend to myself!

7. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

8. mrbens

mrbens New Member

We can still play it emulated on PC tho I suppose but not as good as a proper PC release.

That's assuming it'll be as good as the original and worth playing anyway!

9. neocleous

neocleous Member

This was looking promising till I read Wii/DS exclusive both platforms are total rubbish for playing proper games on Nintendo should stick to Wii Sports that's about all a Wii is good for.

10. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I bloody loved Golden Eye on the N64, hours and hours of fun as a student playing that game.

11. crazyceo

crazyceo New Member

MarioKart? infact anything with Mario in it at the moment has massive playability and is above all else FUN.

House of the Dead with the shotguns is hilarious as well.

12. Omnituens

Omnituens New Member

Prox mines under stairs = fun times.

13. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Red Steel 2, Dead Space Extraction, and The Conduit (to name a few) would disagree. The Wii isn't up to PS3/360 hd quality, but it doesn't mean you can't have quality looking games that are fun to play.

14. mrbens

mrbens New Member

And the PS3/360 are not up to PC quality but it's not all about graphics that make a good game.

15. GiantStickMan

GiantStickMan New Member

I have my doubts that it will be any good, even if Rare was developing it I'd still be sceptical after Perfect Dark: Zero (bleh). Seems like a cash in to me.

16. mastorofpuppetz

mastorofpuppetz New Member

Come on, the number of quality games on the wii is miniscule compared to the ps3/360, the wii is more of a non gamers system, people who normally don't touch consoles have a wii. There is a reason the attach rate is terrible for the wii despite having twice as many boxes in homes. The wii is a prime example of the dumb masses buying something because of hype and not merit.

17. mastorofpuppetz

mastorofpuppetz New Member

Alas, there is a massive diff between the wii and the diff between PS3/360 and PC. The wii is so far behind it's not funny.

18. StoneyMahoney

StoneyMahoney New Member

While everyone likes to bash the Wii for it's lack of grunt and an apparent lack of games, I would argue that if you're looking for A-list games along the lines of x360 and ps3 releases you're looking for the wrong things. The Wii's strengths lie in niches that can make good use of it's controller.

eg: why would you ever play a golf game on anything else, especially with motion plus support?
    eg: do the PS3 and x360 even have light guns available for them?
    eg: World of Goo - pointer/mouse or control stick? Bet it's easier to play with the former

Be honest, don't you get bored of the endless stream of FPSs and GTA-a-likes that make up the vast majority of the x360 and ps3's core sales? There's only so many decades you can play FPS's and enjoy them, and I've played through my 2.

19. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

The original was an awesome game that I spent a shocking amount of time playing. But the news that activision are making a sequel... I seriously doubt the game will be anything more than average.

20. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

I admit my Wii collection isn't as big as my PS3 collection, but there are still solid games for the Wii. Mario Kart, Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Galaxy, the games I mentioned in my last post (though not so much The Conduit).

All I'm saying is don't count the game out just because it's on the Wii. The developer and storyline/premise will have a far greater impact on the outcome of the game than the hardware.

Last edited: 8 Jun 2010
Tags: Add Tags