1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Added a new card for Folding - unexpected result.

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Christopher N. Lew, 9 Dec 2019.

1. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

So, I had a PC with a GTX1080, used for folding. I have just added a GTX 1660 Ti in the secondary slot, which I intended to use for folding as well. But all the signs are that only the GTX 1660 Ti is folding, and the 1080 is not.

I have updated nVidia drivers and the latest Folding software to v7.5.1 with no change. Do I need to change something to get both cards to fold?

Pre v.7 there was a strange 'feature' so that if two cards of different generations were used then both cards would fold, but at a slower than normal rate. Does v.7 automatically avoid this by only using one card?

2. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

Hi there - A few things to check;
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried to add a GPU slot in the FAH 'Configure - Slots' part of the software?
    • Do you have the latest version of the GPUs.txt file? Link to the latest file here
    • In the start of your log file, what does it mention after the 'OS Arch' entry about; 'GPU' , 'CUDA Device', and 'OpenCL Device'?

3. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

Hi Doc, thanks for getting back to me. It turned out that I hadn't got the configuration slots done properly.

But I seem to have a hardware problem - the new card will fold for about 2 minutes, then the machine turns off and requires a hard reset. No folding, everything seems right. Time to RMA the new card.