1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks aDSL best service in the UK

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by buchans, 14 Sep 2004.

1. buchans

buchans What's a Dremel?

Wannado just screwed me - I had an old freeserver (unlimited) 512 account, I have to reregister for the 30gb a month limit - not happy about that..

if you have a DSL provider with no limited and possibly <£30/month please let me know.

Thx.

2. Herbicide

Herbicide Lurktacular

WTF are you downloading at more than 30Gb/Month?

Here I was thinking 2Gb/Mo. was fairly reasonable...

- H.

3. ajack

ajack rox

I'd say it was fairly reasonable to need more than a 30gb/month limit...

I'm with pipex atm, not capped and is ~£21/month iirc. I'm pretty sure the 1mbps plan is just a smidgen under £30/m too.

4. maki43

maki43 I can touch my toes 1,2,3

Im on pipex too :)

Upgrading from 512 to 1mb atm, think they 512 price is £23 and the 1mb £33 but u get unlimited download and i have to say the tech support is pretty good :)

5. Gandi69

Gandi69 Like to get busy wit fizzy..

I am on Pipex as well. Have to say the service is good and there are usually never any problems. Tech support does take a while to get in touch with though over the phone. 8 out of 10 i'd say :)

6. wharrad

wharrad Minimodder

Freedom2surf.net here - not capped and you get your own IP etc etc...

About the same price as Pipex £19+VAT (£21 ish) and I think it's £29 for the 1MBit.

Have fun

7. hk

hk Powered By Duracell

Bulldog :)

www.bulldogdsl.com

No download cap, think last month I chewed out about 80Gb over the DSL.

EDIT: ALSO, check www.adslguide.org!!

8. djrusty

djrusty What's a Dremel?

I'm with www.free-online.co.uk - £22 per month for 512 down / 256 up, no download cap, static IP address and 250mb of webspace. Pretty good service as well.

9. buchans

buchans What's a Dremel?

Pipex it is .. forgot all about them, my first dial up was with them & I never had any service issues - just ordered the 1meg unapped service :D

thanks guys

Last edited: 15 Sep 2004
  10. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

I hate AOL boasting about how their service is unlimited. I mean as if anyone on AOL will know what bandwidth is, let alone how to use 30GB of the stuff...

We had BT at home, it was a bit average. Didn't quite make 512k on speed tests, and it was all round a bit average. There are better ones for sure :)

11. buchans

buchans What's a Dremel?

I have been looking for a service with more than 256k up (for bittorrent) but there arent any home solutions only expensive business ones :wallbash:

12. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

Yeah I know, even my 1.5MBit connection ( :D ) Only has 256k up. Downloading stuff is fast though...

13. hk

hk Powered By Duracell

Well duh!!

If you want fast upload, find a data centre nearby, get them to agree to put a microwave transmitter on their roof, rent out 1u space for a transceiver and pay for the bandwidth. Set up the same at home, and Bob's your uncles neice, you have 45mb both ways at home :)

Failing that build old 333mhz machines with wifi cards, and peer with all the open APs around you, then setup load balanced transit and off you go, using everyone elses upload as well as yours :)

OR... just get sdsl put in.

OR... get BT to run baseband to to your house, install is like £700 but monthly rental is something like £15 or something really small, and that would get you 2.4Mbs (i think basebands that). You could get a bonded pair and push 9.summing.

See the possibilities are endless, you just have to be willing to pay for it!

14. buchans

buchans What's a Dremel?

the other alt. is to get a nice leased line from a local ISP. I investigated that even with M8s discount still way too much :sigh:

15. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

when i was setting mine up i had to go with BT (only one available at the time) and I'm stuck with them for another 10 months.
    the competition is so much better now, and BT will be imposing their 15GB limit from "Early 2005".
    Really could have done with a static IP and no limit...

16. hk

hk Powered By Duracell

Thats kinda what I was saying..... only in a much more detailed way :p

Tags: