1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Advent Rising - did nobody else really ever play it?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MiNiMaL_FuSS, 1 Aug 2009.

1. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

http://www.adventtrilogy.com/

I have very fond memories of this game, not the greatest game ever, but very very enjoyable at the end of the day! It was ment to be a trilogy, but the people behind the game got in trouble for some fraud and stock exchange floating etc etc and it died a death after the first one.

But nobody I've spoken to ever seems to have heard of it!

Anyone know if there's a community for this game at all? any mods? any future? OPr did anyone else on BT even play it!!

2. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I did consider buying it at one point...

Sadly I never got around to it as I never was a big game purchaser...averaging at around 3-4 games a year.:(

3. wuyanxu

wuyanxu still wants Homeworld 3

it was awsome, i loved it. putting up a shield and then use some power that shoots 3 light bolts up, then seaks the target

4. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

I played it and enjoyed it up to a point, but eventually lost interest in it and didn't finish it.

The fact that the first game supposedly ends on a cliffhanger which is never likely to be resolved (since the other 2 games are no longer in production) took a lot of the motivation out of it for me.

5. wafflesomd

wafflesomd New Member

It's one of my favorite games of all time.

They came out with a PC port, which is really well done, and better than the console version in every way.

6. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

I love the guy who wrote the story, he wrote some of my favorite novels ever.. I was also expecting to buy the game, but never got around to it. Maybe it'll be in a bargain bin?

7. Rebourne

Rebourne New Member

Hmmm wow... It was written by the guy who also wrote Ender's Game?

I think I'll have to check it out, Thanks for the heads up.

It's disappointing that it's only 1 out of 3 and the other 2 have been scrapped.

8. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

It had a potentially brilliant story line, game coulda been a true epic...as it stand it's good, fund and worth a play, if you can pick it up for a couple of quid then definately do, just dont expect Deus Ex :)

9. Snaek

Snaek New Member

I was looking forward to this game before its release but I never got around to playing it. Maybe I should see if I can find it cheap.