1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice/Criticism: Logo for LAN group

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by iddqd, 15 Feb 2008.

1. iddqd

iddqd Minimodder

So I'm the event coordinator for PLR (Peace Love and Rockets) and I've been tasked with logo design (since I'm the only one with artistic skillz)

Being that I haven't picked up a pencil in months, I have started sketching again. Here's where I like so far, a basic, circular badge design a la nVidia:

[​IMG]

I have Illustrator and Photoshop; this is gonna be digitized soon. I'll upload it when I do, but if you could give me some feedback on what YOU think, I'd appreciate it. I was thinking of doing small black mesh in the empty zones inside the circle of the peace symbol

2. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Peace Love and Rockets? It's a bit...friendly for a lan isn't it?

Our one is called "The Dogs Bollocks" and has a picture of the rear end of a mutt, with said nuts hanging proudly, and what one only assumes is a black hole directly above.

Gamers live on the internet, the internet is a bad place, therefore perhaps better to stick to something that won't shock and scare them but will be familiar and offensive?

3. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Thats pretty cool. Only thing I'd say is that the rocket trail confuses the peace symbol a bit. Looks like a weirdly placed 4th spoke.

I was a bit bored of doing CSS so I had a play too:

[​IMG]

4. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

I like will's better, even the rocket looks happy which suits the hippie name of the group, but maybe you wanna use some straight edge fins on the rocket to toughen up the look of the logo? Next step to toughen it up would be to use red or even black hearts instead of pink, or maybe make the rocket all silver or black, etc...

lol @ dogs bollocks logo, i can picture it :hehe:

5. iddqd

iddqd Minimodder

Will, I like that rocket, it's great! Would you mind if I incorporate it into the design?

Overall, I think sticking with a badge-like theme will be the more "professional" move, since I intend it to have a lasting brand impression. However, I think that rocket would make a great side logo - something for the sleeve of a shirt, where the graphic is reduced and very small.

Remember, a good logo has to look distinguishable large and small. I think by incorporating that rocket into the main badge and using it elsewhere will give the group the kind of consistency that is needed for a growing organization to develop. LOL @ The Dogs Bollocks. Somehow, I think something is lost in translation.