1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics advice on graphics card please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Whitlog, 14 Sep 2009.

1. Whitlog

Whitlog What's a Dremel?

Hi

I have a E8500 core duo cpu , P5N-E SLi mobo and I was wondering what graphic card would be best to get, I have 2 old nvidia ones in right now and feel its time to upgrade so any advice or suggestions would be great

I dont want to break the bank over them also

Thanks

2. chay0251

chay0251 What's a Dremel?

When you say don't want to break the bank, how much is your budget?

Also what are your current cards so we don't recommend the same card if it is within your budget?

3. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

also how long can you wait (you should see a few 5850 / 5870 threads around here!!)

4. Whitlog

Whitlog What's a Dremel?

well the less the better, the thing is I don't want to go so cheap that they are not worth it I have

I guess it depends also if its worth getting 2 or a more expensive 1 on its own

I would rather pay 250 for 1 than get 2 at 200 for example

am not needing them right now so ye I can wait if there are some coming out that could be a good upgrade

5. chay0251

chay0251 What's a Dremel?

5870 is out this month I believe and it's smaller sibling the 5850 shouldn't be much further down the line than that and then you'll have the 5850x2 and the 5870x2 and then AMD/ATI will throw in a 5890 just for good measure

If you must do it now (I know you said you can wait) the best IMHO would be the ATI 4890 like this PowerColor one on Ebuyer. £150

Of course the 5850 and the 5870 should be dearer than this when released (The 5850 MIGHT be the same price)

6. Whitlog

Whitlog What's a Dremel?

ok great thanks for this info

I think I will wait for them to come out, see the prices etc., but will also keep the 4890 in my list in case the others aren't viable

Thanks again for the great info and advice