1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Advice request: HTC & EE

Discussion in 'General' started by samkiller42, 26 Oct 2014.

1. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Hi All,

Just after some advice regarding an issue i have with my HTC One (M8)

Back in May i renewed my contract with EE for an HTC One (M8) Everything has been fine up to around 2 weeks ago, when HTC released a software update, Since this update, i'm now practically unable to call or text, Sometimes rebooting the phone will clear the unsent text's, but now, that doesn't seem to be working. I can receive calls and texts fine though.

I've looked around on Google and it seem's to be a wide spread issue with many other users experiencing the same issue, others not so. Some suggest as a fix, was to change the APN, Which i've tried with no success. I've also factory reset it, but i still have the same issue.

My mums other half has the M7, with the exact same issues, He's contacted EE and their response was to basically wait till HTC patch the issue, as it is a software issue, and not hardware.

What would you do in this situation?

I'm considering contacting EE and asking for a new handset or to change handset all together, but i'm not sure what i'm entitled to do. I do pay extra for Phone Insurance too.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Sam

2. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Can you not roll back the update (probably by forcing a reset of the phone)??
    In terms of your rights with EE, it's not their fault so I suspect you'll get nowt out of them.

3. Pieface

Pieface Modder

If you go into an EE store they should send the handset off to be repaired as its within warranty (and as long as there's no physical or water damage).

The phone would be gone for 28 days and if you don't have a phone they can offer a replacement which will be a small 9.99 flip phone

4. legoman

legoman breaker of things

If the handset is un useable for i think its 30 days through no fault of your own you are if im correct able to end your contract. Reason being you have made them aware they have not offered a fix simply said wait an see.

5. rollo

rollo Modder

There would be differing opinions on whats classed as usable. Id suggest you roll the phone back to default and dont take the update for it.

6. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Don't EE test and brand all updates anyway (I'm sure they used to). In that case, you could argue that they caused the fault?

7. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I know that this isn't something that you as a user should have to do....
    But why not flash a custom rom? Would solve your problem and *generally* the good custom roms are better anyway.

8. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

I have not heard one person say anything good about EE ever. When the company phones got upgraded to 4G a while back I done all the updates like the text message said and ended up with an unusable phone. If it was working before, i would do what the others have said and roll back till all the bugs have been ironed out.