1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Advise on a new cooler please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Booti, 8 Dec 2012.

1. Booti

Booti Minimodder

Thank you Rollo
    been through the BIOS and found that the CPU voltage had gone manual to 1.36v.
    It appears that if you use the CPU LEVEL UP in the BIOS (Asus Gene IV board) it also increases the CPU voltage, but when you put it back to AUTO, it doesnt do the same with the voltage, so had left it at 1.36 (from me doing the benchmarks yesterday before i swapped the cooler)

Stock temp at full load is back to 64degrees, so i am a lot happier with that.

2. rollo

rollo Modder

You should be able to manual set a lower voltage than auto to reduce temps even further.

3. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

I have my 3570K at 1.26V for 4.5GHz. Around 90°C in Prime95. I have a Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme, but I have low speed fans.

Always set the voltage manually when overclocking. Leaving it on Auto will put the voltage too high.

4. Booti

Booti Minimodder

It's not so much the overclocking temp I am worried about. I understand as Rollo said that some chips overclock better than others, but for me 65degrees at stock speed under a simple water cooler is too high.
    I would expect that under a reference cooler. I'd like to be seeing around the mid 40's

5. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

The 3570K and 3770K chips do around 70-80 degrees with the stock cooler at stock speed as far as I know.

Load temperatures of 40 degrees are not possible unfortunately even with a water cooler.