1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AGP Query

Discussion in 'General' started by adjam, 15 Sep 2001.

1. adjam

adjam What's a Dremel?

when running wcpuid and checking devices it says that the agp is disabled (win98 & win2k)

[​IMG]

and when i check the advanced properties of the card it says im running in agp (pci mode) (win2k)

[​IMG]

and when i check the advanced properties of the card it says im running in agp (win98)

[​IMG]

does this mean my agp is not working to its full potential

also why is it reporting different irq's in different OS's

Additional info
    Mobo jetway 663as socket a with via chipset

700 Duron not clocked (shitty cheap board)
    256 pc133 ram
    elsa gladiac 511 agp 64mb ram

Have already runn via4in1 and have also been routing aroung in bios but can't seem to find out how to fully activate the agp slot

lost any help much appreciated

adjam

Last edited: 15 Sep 2001
  2. RTT

RTT #parp

i cant see pics?

3. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

Are you using a VIA chipset on your motherboard??

If so install the latest via 4in1 drivers and if you have a old motherboard and are in win2k you may need to do the driver hack thing to get your AGP driver working properly.

Dont ask me how to do the hack thing I dont have a clue but my brother does ill ask him if you need to know ;)

4. RTT

RTT #parp

dunno mate

just go into your bios and check that the AGP settings all look OK

i.e. set to 4x agp and fast writes enabled etc

run some games and see how they perform. i dunno how well your card performs but i'd guess that in HL you'd get 80-90 fps in 800x600 and 40-60 in 1024x768.

and if ya card is AGP it will be running in AGP mode not PCI (well i would have thought so anyway)

:)

5. Phil

Phil What's a Dremel?

i beleive pci mode means it's running at the pci bus speed, and not taking advantage of AGP's greater bus speeds and the bandwidth that provides.

it will still work fine, but it's not optimal, and ou should try and get it going at full speed.

check in bios that you have agp enabled, and that any video related setting says AGP and not pci.

as to why the two OS's are using different IRQs - windows is an operating system that manages you irq's for you, so each OS will decide how it wants to arrange them. Odd that they're different though.

I also see the two windows versions are running different driver versions - and they're both out of date. Try installing the newst nVidia drivers, they only came out last week. They work nicely (and have speed tweaking enabled by default)