1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Airbags

Discussion in 'General' started by philth, 30 Sep 2003.

1. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

8 - 4? I don't think I've ever seen anyone drive at 8 - 4..

I drive at 2. ;)

2. Foolio882

Foolio882 New Member

They have stopped teaching 10 and 2 in Virginia for sure. Like another poster said, I drive at 9 and 3, much easier to turn that way.

If the airbags go off (200-250 MPH, depending) and your hands are crossed in front of the steering wheel they will get smashed into your face, you'll break all the bones in your hands and face, you'll never look the same.

At 8 and 4, the airbag blows your hands away from your body, so nothing should get broken.

3. penski

penski BodMod

9-3 gives youy the best control over the car.

I can imagine that 8-4 would be not only uncomfortable but quite unsafe as your arms are down by your body and don't have as much freedom of movement as with 9-3 or even 10-2.

*n

4. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

I drive at 9-3. It's whatever you learn with that is comfortable.

5. -Rx-

-Rx- New Member

Hmmmm, remebered... maybe very differnt in the US, your airbags are alot bigger (twice the size iirc) to protect idiots that dont wear seatbelts.

8 - 4 also doesnt take into account the human bodies amazing reactions..... it would deffo not be instinctive to leave your arms crossed up if you were about to have a collision. Chances are you would get ur hands out of the way.... an instinctive reaction would give you enuff time to move your arms in most accidents.

Last edited: 9 Oct 2003
  6. Froggy

Froggy New Member

the USA had very strict safty regulaitons. there are to many idiots on the road that should have there licence revoked. they should also take away licences once you reach 80 years old. my Tahoe has been hit twice by old ladys.

Tags: