1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Airshow Pictures 2010

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by lcdguy, 5 Jul 2010.

1. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

So i went to a small airshow in Gatineau, Quebec, Canada today. Saw some amazing aircraft fly plus a full set from the snowbirds. It was ton's of fun took tons of pictures but picked the best. There will probably be some duplicates but considering i am not posting the sum 850+ pictures i took i think you just bear to look at the same picture twice. I have to say some the formation flying is truly an amazing feat (FYI the plains when in a tight formation are no more than 6 feet from wing tip to wing tip. Hope you enjoy the gallery as much as i did taking the shots.

Vintage Wings Airshow

Currently it is still uploading so give it at least an hour or 2 for all the photos to pop up.

See how many you can identify :D

Last edited: 2 Sep 2010
    13en likes this.
  2. 13en

13en Minimodder

Nice, whenever I take photos of teams I normally manage to clip one out, or cut of half a wing - I especially like number 46, really cool action shot.

Got a few of my own, fresh off the memory card (with a bit of help from photoshop) taken today at the RIAT at RAF Fairford. Not been for a few years, but really glad I went this time. The weather was great, and there were some great planes there. A lot of my pictures turned out badly, they usually do, but a few of the better ones are here if you fancy a look.:

RIAT 2010

Strangely, before I'd had a chance to add any tags (within less than 5 minutes) someone with a favourites list full of C130s had favourited my hercules pic. The internet never fails to amaze me - what were the chances that he was looking at recently uploaded pics just as I was uploading...

Last edited: 17 Jul 2010
  3. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

you have some great shots as well. For me what's worked is first being at or near show center. Also rapid shot mode is your friend.

4. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Nice shots lcdguy and 13en :thumb:

I was thinking of going to Fairford this weekend too, but there so many of the interesting aircraft cancelled I decided not to go in the end.

5. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

I live in Fairford. I'm so glad I'm working this weekend the noise can get a bit much over the whole weekend and I miss out on all that traffic too. On the plus side I get to see the display from my house for free. :D

This and this have been cartwheeling over our house on and off for the last 12 months and they fly as low as they do for the airshow too :eyebrow:. The stuff they can do is impresive.

The only thing I do miss about not being home this weekend is all the vintage stuff, the modern stuff I see weekly.

Last edited: 18 Jul 2010
  6. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

yup they are pretty manouverable. It's a shame the eurofighters limitation is the human component. I am still partial to the vintage stuff though. If you've seen on military plane do it's stuff you've seen them all. I'd like to see a lightning or a f16 do a stall hammerhead turn get into a flat spin and pull out.

it get's different around 6:00

7. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Went to Flying Legends at Duxford last week. Had planned to go to RIAT today but a combination of things (£205 car tax due at the end of the month, 200 mile round trip, plus too many other things to do) meant I had to pull out at the last minute. My enthusiasm was wavering since the Mig 21s cancelled anyway although I'd have liked to have seen the new A400M and the Raptors.

Anyway here's a few shots from Flying Legends!

If anyone feels like buying me a Hawker Fury or a Bearcat, I'll have your babies.

8. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Some good shots there.
    I plan on going to Shoreham Airshow this year, but not sure if plans are still there as we're moving house soon.
    Any one else have plans to go to Shoreham this year?

Sam

9. Kuni D

Kuni D What's a Dremel?

Nice shots! :)

10. eVoPhantom

eVoPhantom What's a Dremel?

Nice work guys.

But damn you for making me want to go play b-17 flying fortress

11. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

Mostly it takes practice and finding a method that works. Also you end up taking a ton of pictures that don't turn out.

12. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Fixed those for you. Remember, you only need the part after v= in the