1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Airsoft!

Discussion in 'General' started by hacker 8991, 27 Jan 2004.

1. hacker 8991

hacker 8991 What's a Dremel?

Any got any ideas where to buy airsoft guns around the Dallas/Fort Worth area? My dad is apranoid and doesn't want to buy online. Also, can anyone throw up some arguments for getting one? My friend's cousin has a farm, so I can go there and shoot stuff :idea: but my dad thinks I'm going to run around in the streets with it and get myself shot. I don't want to get one of those cheesy clear plastic ones, but I don't want to spend oodles!

Long post about guns...

I want the gun to look real (ie MP5 or M16 or AK47), but once again, my dad thinks I'm going to get myself killed.

I realize this could be a sensitive topic if someone you know has been gunned down, but... nevermind :eyebrow:

2. Mongoose

Mongoose What's a Dremel?

I had a good full metal Beretta. It was very realistic but I ordered it online. Does he not trust paypal either?

3. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

As long as you order from a secure site, there's nothing to worry about ordering online. As for local retailers, I can't help you with that. I'm in Scotland :p

A lot of airsoft guns are around 50% plastic and 50% metal. I'm not aware of any full metal guns, but you can buy replacement heavyweight metal bodyparts and pistol slides.

[​IMG]

This is my rifle.

Airsoft is fun, please don't use it in public places though.

Last edited: 20 Mar 2004
  4. orb

orb satisfying.

Holy Sweet!

5. warrmr

warrmr What's a Dremel?

Beretta 92FS

[​IMG]
    slide open and CO2 cylinder showing
    [​IMG]
    4 Different types of ammo and 8 shot magazenes
    [​IMG]
    official beretta logo on grip
    [​IMG]
    licence info (copyright beretta-italy licenced to umerex for production)
    [​IMG]
    nice shiny official beretta transportation case(so i can legally walk through bham with it in my hand (not that i want to as id prolly get shot))

this is a officail licenced copy of the beretta 92FS 9mm pistol(i think its 9mm anyway.) it is posible to mount a compensator or silencer to it. with compensator mounted it looks like the 92FS match.

EDIT: you can get it from www.airwarzone.co.uk for abotu 150. and it is the same gun trinity used in the matrix :D

6. orb

orb satisfying.

nice gun, i gotta wait for spain beforei can get my hands on some beasts like that

7. pheonix

pheonix Toot Toot!

Please tell me your not gonna try and get a gun like that through customs after going on holiday.....

That might be rather stupid considering the current state of affairs

8. warrmr

warrmr What's a Dremel?

as far as i know it is possible to get it legally through customs.

please dont just take my word for it but as long as the tip of the gun has a red band on it. and you declair it comeing through customs and it is in the appropriate carrying case (ie like the beretta above) and you dotn take the CO2 on the plane or any ammo.

in the uk a air pistol must not excede 6ft/pounds and for a rifle it must not excede 12ft/pounds. i dont know the max FPS aloud you will need to ask in a local gun shop.

if your gun excedes these limets you will need to get a guns licence.

9. hacker 8991

hacker 8991 What's a Dremel?

Seems like a lot of you are from the UK ;)

Since you can't help me on finding them, what do you guys use your guns for?

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

As long as you declaire it at the airport and tell security and have the proper documentation to show its a replica itll be fine.

I *so so so* wanna go airsoft though. There's a place in SWales that does it 20mins from me in Cardiff and ive STILL not been cause my bloody pikey mates are always too damn skint to go :(:(:( Ive been paintballing, but its not "real" enough and they are about as accurate as fighting alongside the french

(nb: french analogy use in sarcasm)

11. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

I go to airsoft skirmishes. Excellent fun. I think I speak for every airsofter when I say a large collection of pistols is essential whether you use them a lot or not :rock:

12. warrmr

warrmr What's a Dremel?

i couldent use my gun for skirmishing as its to powerfull and shoots metal pellets. its more of a hunting gun. i use it for plinkin in the garrage.

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea, you hit problems when people start dying on you. :worried:

14. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

Here are mine :rock:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Glock and MP5 with Red-dot sight.

15. orb

orb satisfying.

Nice, how much was the handgun?

16. Vixen

Vixen What's a Dremel?

My boyfriend is quite into airsoft, so I hear lots about it. He says it's about a million times more fun than paintballing. It's also great for exercise - in the summer he was out every other Sunday running about from 10-6 with a short lunch in there somewhere.
    So long as you watch where you're pointing the gun, and keep on private land then it's supposed to be a great way to just mess around/release stress :)

Ouija: have you been to the new site in Burntisland (The Fort, opened last month)? From what you've said about your location I'd assume it's not that far away from you.

EDIT: all of the guns I've seen look pretty damn realistic. Handguns around $120+ would all probably look quite real.
    I know it's a uk site, but have a look at www.airsoftdynamics.com and see what sort of thing is on offer :)

17. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

Hmmm let's see ...

/me does his calculations from HK -> US

Around $80 I've completely forgetten the price :worried:

18. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

BTW you can get full metal guns but obviously they weigh ALOT

19. RTT

RTT #parp

Airsoft my arse. Eat my potato cannon, fools ;)

[​IMG]

:D

[/hijack]

20. Malvolio

Malvolio .

ROFL! I love it RTT! Did you build it yourself? <continue_hijack>