1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Akasa Nero S CPU Cooler Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 22 Mar 2010.

1. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

2. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

I keep wondering why these manufacturers can't just group all 4 pipes together and leave paperthin thickness aluminium between them. Just bend the outer tubes, and it should solve the issue of no transfer due to HSF being too small.

And I predict a series of comments about how the V-X performs (or underperforms, rather) again. :S

3. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

touching.

4. dec

dec [blank space]

touche

5. DarkHarlequin

DarkHarlequin Padowan Learner

toupée

6. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

I get the feeling that the AMD mounting mechanism is a bit naff by today's standards. It seems that any cooler that uses the latch to secure it underperforms on AM3 compaired to other sockets.

7. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I would have liked to see a direct comparison between this and the Akasa Freedom Tower. Especially on LGA775, although I understand us poor old Core 2 Duo owners are being put out to pasture.

8. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

:duh: edited so we don't touch you quite so much.

9. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

I wish you-know-who would touch me...

10. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

No offence intended to Bit-Tech as they do not make these coolers but these reviews are getting to the point of generic. For a few degrees here and there give or take £5-£10. Is it really that important? When building a system that is likely to be costing you in excess of £600, does £10 really break the budget? The whole recent batch of CPU coolers virtually all look the same too, metal plates with what looks to be, even if it isn't, a standard case fan attached. What happened to the good old days when CPU coolers also looked cool as well as kept your CPU cool? - (Although I do like the Special Edition of the Titan Fenrir, I just wish they did a blue version).

Bit-Tech - Do you have to draw straws to see who gets the pleasure of these tedious tests?

11. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

I wish I didn't :eyebrow::jawdrop:

12. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

:waah::waah::waah:

On a related note (because I kinda have to), I liked the Nero, so big points to Akasa for this! Looks to be a strong contender for a while on the big-boy socket!

13. Cobalt

Cobalt What's a Dremel?

Notice that all of the coolers perform worse at idle on the AMD tests. That's because Bit is using a 1.6V core compared to 1.3V/1.35V of the Intel systems so its probably got a higher thermal output when not loaded. The load figures are comparable though; its just that the Intel graphs use a different scale.

Tags: Add Tags