1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Alan Wake PC officially cancelled

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 12 Feb 2010.

1. Colossous

Colossous Minimodder

That is really dissapointing - feels like we've been robbed ! :nono:

2. Jehla

Jehla Minimodder

I would not be surprised if it's released for PC after a few months, it looks like a way to maximize profits and avoid as much piracy as possible.

3. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

What a joke. MS hates the PC. Piracy is just a copout as we all know that you can pirate games just as easily on 360 as PC nowadays. This whole thing doesn't make any sense to me other than for MS to be able to charge $60 per copy versus $50 and to make PC look inferior.

4. Centy-face

Centy-face Caw?

Well this is a big surprise.. not! I suspected as much by the fact that they hadn't mentioned the PC version since that intel conference demo. I am a little disappointed by this I liked the look of the game seemed it could have been the 'PC' silent Hill but now we are not to see it.

Shame really good single player games can sell quite well on PC look at Stalker that just came to steam with a superb deal a few of my mates have said they like the loyalty deal so much that now they can afford it they bought it rather than pirate it. Mind you I was giddy as a school boy last night when it came out I bought it right away that might have helped. Also Metro 2033 seems to be selling well. But I guess as usual us paying customers are in the minority.

As for the whole intimacy argument well to be honest for a game based on stories and characters as Joe said the intimacy would really help that along. Seems other reasons are afoot obviously and this half hearted cover up just stinks of the ******** it is. I guess if thats where Microsoft and Remedy want to go then fine.

5. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

Keep MBAs away from pc gaming, and keep microsoft away from gaming, and doubly so MS MBAs!!!

On that note, review STO, BT.

6. infi

infi What's a Dremel?

good for them, one less game to worry about.

7. unknowngamer

unknowngamer here

I had already put a.wake in the same mental box as duke nukem forever.

Over hyped.
    No devlopment details.
    No Clue.

I'd given it up as a lemon, I expect that explains the xbox only side.

8. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

Intimacy? Is that the best MS can come up? :duh:

9. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Need to cancel my pre-order from yesteryear then; longest pre-order I've ever had...

10. tron

tron What's a Dremel?

Microsoft want more PC gamers to buy XBOX consoles

True, you have piracy on the XBOX.

However, I don't think it's so much about piracy that Microsoft are worried about.

Their main focus is to shift more XBOX consoles.

So they want as many XBOX exclusive games as possible.

It doesn't matter that they can make more money by putting the game on all consoles (incl. PC).

What counts for them the most, is that they have a game that many people want, and that the only way to own the game is to first buy an XBOX console.

Which then means you are quite likely to buy more XBOX games in the future. Then Microsoft receive more payments from subsidies as part of the retail price of third party games.

Like others have said, I also have an XBOX. But I still much prefer to game on my more powerful PC connected to the same HDTV and played with the same Microsoft XBOX 360 Controller for Windows, while sitting and relaxing to PC games from the same "non-intimate" couch.

11. Matticus

Matticus ...

*sigh*

12. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

Fact.

13. ksiryx

ksiryx What's a Dremel?

OMG MS. What's wrong with you.
    I wanna dissect those brains to see what they are thinking!

14. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Sweet.

Pc gaming is so awesome now....

15. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

I buy windows to play computer games....... No computer games = No windows. Go **** yourself microsoft you cock sucking knob jockeys.

Talk about biting the hand that feeds

16. pcnerd

pcnerd Banned

"We ultimately realised that the most COMPELLING way to experience Alan Wake" . **** remedy and microsoft. This is probably the LAMEST excuse I've heard . It sets a new benchmark besides the all-rounder-piracy. I mean do the developers think the most COMPELLING way to play games and then decide the platform for the release ???? DAMN if i were a suicide bomber I would've surely blown myself near remedy and micro**** offices :D

17. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Well, if they were to say...give a legitimate reason we might have understood.

Although they pretty much set off their own bomb.

18. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

well ****.

another reason to boycot the xbox

19. Ape

Ape Suck my barrel

The more I re-read this story and see it popping up on forums all over the tech world, and the more I read the forum responses and angry posts, the more wound-up I am getting.

... well, here you go kids, MS has just inserted a rather large phallic symbol up your proverbial's and they've rammed it right on home.

Microsoft have basically issued a statement to say "fk PC gaming, fk PC gamers, we own you all, and you will all buy Xbox 360's because we're ending PC gaming as you know it". They've also sold us Win7 with DX11 and then said "fk you all!"

http://www.pcgamingalliance.org/ - MS chair this crock of ****.

This has made my blood boil. I'm fking angry.

Or is this a mountain out of a mole hill?

Oooooh I could crush a grape!

20. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

My 360 is hooked up to my central 22" monitor and the same 7.1 speaker system as my PC. Sorry, what was your point again? I appear to have missed it.

Alan Wake was one of the DX10 poster children, a reason to "upgrade" to Vista. Dropping it for the PC now just shows how much was hype and how little was substance. Something of a shame as I was rather looking forwards to this one and anything even remotely RPG/story based I prefer to play on the PC.

Tags: Add Tags