1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Alan Wake PC officially cancelled

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 12 Feb 2010.

1. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Lost interest when I heard it would be out on 360 as well, console was bound to hold the game back on PC anyway.

2. knuck

knuck Hate your face

so what if heavy rain comes out on the ps3 ? It's not like a released of the same game on two platforms would hurt the sales or something. What is your point exactly ? :)

3. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

He gave me an energon stick!

4. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Doesn't MS realize that the gaming aspect of Windows is one of the few remaining reasons why the average PC user hasn't switched to Mac?

5. knuck

knuck Hate your face

What ?

It's actually because PCs are cheaper and it's also because it's what most of the people started using first and therefore they keep buying what they know.

Show people how to learn something and they will use it and ditch whatever they were using before. Firefox is a good example of that over IE. The same could happen with Windows if macs weren't so ridiculously expensive

As stupid as the consumer is, when you have millions of them looking for the best product, eventually they will find it and ignore what they used to use. Another good example of this is the PS2 players switching to the 360 even though they thought the original Xbox was crap

You and I are also part of this. I use a PC because I am used to Windows and hate the mac interface (I tried it a few times and thought it was incredibly bad) BUT who knows what I will do in the future. Maybe at some point I will be forced to work on a mac and then learn to like it and ditch the pc

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

:duh:

7. knuck

knuck Hate your face

this is a few years before my time ... I was part of the Ninja Turtles generation :D

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

its only the best goddamn film of all time!

I take it you're a 1990's kid?

9. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I was born in 1985 so yeah, I was

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

hmm I was 82 and im deffo an 80's kid

11. sHORNY

sHORNY What's a Dremel?

more clientèle on the 360 than the pc. i mean look at the pc sales for mw2 compared to the 360/ps3 versions. pc scrapped the barrel with the amount of sales compared to the 360 version.

12. knuck

knuck Hate your face

mw2 is a completely different story ... It's also a subject that was debated to death so I'll say only one thing regarding PC sales for this game : dedicated servers

13. crazyceo

Bar Weep, Graaagnah wheep, Ni Ni Bong!!!!!!!

It's the Universal greeting.

14. veato

veato I should be working

Thats 100% correct in my case. I mainly use my PC for Internet/Email, photo editing and gaming, plus a bit of the usual PC usage stuff. Being as my gaming on the PC has fallen into serious decline (stopped playing WOW and ARMA II as I dont seem to find the time to get on the PC with a new baby) I dont really have a need for a gaming PC. I could get a quieter, smaller nicer looking iMac for all the other stuff and drop the gaming (I also have a 360 for the odd bit of casual gaming).

The fewer titles come out on PC the more likely I am to drop the gaming hardware altogether to be honest, thus I no longer need Windows-whatever-version.

15. Ape

Ape Suck my barrel

Question arises. What happens to all the dedicated hardware for PC gaming enthusiasts? We don't spend thousands of pounds building the best we can only to have M$ drop support and if support IS going to get dropped then we won't be buying all this:

Powerful PSU's
    Quality Cases
    Powerful Mobo's
    Powerful RAM
    Powerful Sound Cards
    Powerful CPU's
    Fast HDD's
    Faster SSD's
    Powerful GFX Cards
    Gaming Mice
    Gaming Keyboards
    Gaming Controllers
    Gaming Flight Sticks
    Gaming Steering Wheels
    Gaming Headsets
    Microphones
    Headphones
    Speaker Systems (2, 3.1, 5.1, 7.1 etc)
    High Resolution Monitors
    Augmented Reality Kits (like Novint Falcon & Brain Actuator)
    3D Monitors
    3D Systems
    Gaming Laptops

What are the manufacturers going to do when we stop spending our money on their hardware? They make a huge amount of their income from selling the bog-standard stuff, but it is selling the top-of-the-line stuff that keeps them researching and moving forward and spending on R&D budgets.

16. crazyceo

LMAO! the previous two posts do sound like it's the end of the world!

Ain't gonna happen! Just because this game about some bloke called Alan doesn't get ported to PC, it doesn't mean the death of PC gaming!

17. _Metal_Guitar_

_Metal_Guitar_ What's a Dremel?

I'm sorry, but this seems like exactly the kind of game that could benefit from a more 'intimate' experience. I was under the impression thats its supposed to be a more psychological-horror-thriller, not some loud mouthed action game, exaclty the kind of game you want to be close to your face, not across a damn room. Even plugging my computer into a HD 40" TV completely ruins immersion for me in everything apart from racers. Why the hell is Microsoft trying to bring out new features such as DX11 and a new opertaing system when they won't even support the damn things themsleves.

Also, gamers across the X360, PS3 and PC spectrum should just flat out refuse exclusives because in the long run, its going to come back and bite all of us in the ass. If you run any of the gaming systems into the ground, the last system standing is going to be able to charge anything they want. Even dedicated console users NEED the other systems to keep it all competative. In fact I might even go so far as to say all gamers SHOULD pirate exclusives, just get the message across that we don't want this bulls*** anymore.

End rant.

18. tron

tron What's a Dremel?

They will have to set up a PC Gaming Alliance :)

Seriously, if things were to get too bad, then these manufacturers would have to take action to protect their income.

For as long as Microsoft are putting all their weight behind the XBOX, then they cannot (should not) have any membership with any kind of PC Gaming Alliance.

http://www.pcgamingalliance.org/

19. veato

veato I should be working

I never said it was. I agreeing with a previous poster that the only thing from keeping me tied into a PC is gaming, as everything else I could do elsewhere. As support for PC gaming is dropped by some (as it has been by others e.g. Epic and not just MS/Alan Wake) there's less and less reason for me to have a MS fronted PC.

20. uz1_l0v3r

uz1_l0v3r What's a Dremel?

I've heard it all now. That's the biggest load of PR ******** I've heard in a long time.

Tags: Add Tags