1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Albums you bought and didnt like, but then really got into later

Discussion in 'General' started by Henchman:crg, 21 Sep 2005.

1. Henchman:crg

Henchman:crg What's a Dremel?

Well, after having been playing Coldplay X&Y to death for a while now, I went back to the Keane Hopes and Fears album, and well, if it isnt one of the best albums ever.

After playing it a few times I am now loving it as much as the X&Y album.

Anyone found they had an album they didnt initally rate, but then really got into it later?

2. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

I cant answer this, since it states "Bought".

Tho i have a few i *aquired* but dont like that much, but get into it sometimes; tho i cant remember which right now :eek:

3. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Loads... :p
    Too many to name, but 2 Dark Tranquillity albums, which I gave up on, but loving them now.

4. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

It must be something to do with our changing tastes.

I'm not sure I guess blink182 was one but too bad they have disbanded and I didn't really like their previous album it was like too much electronic stuff in it.

5. Sam0r

Sam0r It's been a while

Too true. I used to be a BIG blink fan, untill their new album.

This whole not liking an album, then coming back and listening to it a while later and its a lot better. Thats happened to me a few times, especially with The Cure's new album. It happened with X&Y too, I think that one sort of grows on you though.

6. Nath

Nath Your appeal has already been filed.

I hated Hopes and fears (Keane) at first but it's grown on me, same with Silent Alarm (Bloc Party).

7. da-dude

da-dude What's a Dremel?

the new gorillaz album (demon days) is sooooo boring the first time you listen to it, apart from feel good inc; after a few plays you sorta realise that its actually a gr8 play, would recommend it to anyone

8. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Bloc Party- Silent Alarm

<A88>

9. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Radiohead's "Kid A" takes about 6 or 7 listens before it goes from being the worst radiohead album to being the best, in most peoples minds. It's just an album that you need to really properly listen to a few times before you'll like it, but then you'll love it.

That's all I can think off for now, more later :)

10. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

I'm sure in most people's minds Ok, Computer is their best album no matter what!

<A88>

11. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Heh, not neccesarily, lots of people enjoyed the bends, who dont really enjoy anything as complicated as Ok Computer or Kid A. But everyone I know who doesn't dislike Kid A rates it as their number 1 radiohead album, so :)

12. Shepps

Shepps Slacking off since 1986..

So true!

Took me a while to get into radiohead, didn't really 'get' it for ages. <3 it now though

13. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Faith No More - Album of the Year (didn't get it at all until I was 20)
    Soundgarden - Down on the Upside (seemed too "weak" for soundgarden)
    Incubus - Make Yourself (ignored due to over-play of a few songs, til I realized what else was on it)
    Our Lady Peace - Happiness is Not a Fish (just very strange, then it suddenly clicks)
    The Verve Pipe - Villains (similar to above)
    Live - Throwing Copper...just gets deeper with life experiences

On the OTHER hand, there were albums I grew disenfranchised with over time, too:
    Anything by Blink182, Lit, Eve6, Cold, Coldplay, etc. Got into that stuff in late teens, sounds hollow now.
    Metallica in general
    A Perfect Circle - Mer De Noms
    Bush - 16stone
    Nickelback - Silver Side Up
    Staind - pretty much anything
    Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory, Meteora

Tastes shift over time, I guess. Eventually, the really sinister stuff that's not well written enough to really captivate (Nine Inch Nails is still some pretty impressive stuff) loses its appeal quickly. Some stuff just stays, like Godsmack, Nirvana...but I just kinda learned to recognize a lot of the poppy bands that sound the same, and they grew very boring...coldplay and cold are both great examples of this. Over time, they just started to sound like ripoffs of greater, better bands.

Last edited: 27 Sep 2005