1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alchemy Case Design Contest Voting

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Static Lullaby, 26 Feb 2006.

?

Which belong in the top 5?

Poll closed 1 Mar 2006.
  1. Andersson.j

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  2. CaptainSlug

10 vote(s)
    9.6%
  3. Dutchcedar

20 vote(s)
    19.2%
  4. Geno

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. the_gnu

11 vote(s)
    10.6%
  6. j-laret

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  7. Josh Carley

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  8. Joungne

49 vote(s)
    47.1%
  9. Nicktard

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  10. Nix

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Static Lullaby

Static Lullaby What's a Dremel?

Its time for the vote!!! We had 30 contestants enter into the design contest, many of whom submitted three case designs. I want to first thank each of you for your efforts and tell everyone to keep up the modding and designing. All of the entries were great in their own way, but unfortunately only one can really fit our needs. We have narrowed it down to the top ten that will fit in with what we are looking for.

Below I will be posting a single image of each of the top ten cases along with a description (if one was provided by the designer) and a reason why it was chosen to be among the top 10. (I will also post a link to the remaining images that are uploaded on photobucket so that you may go over all of the design aspects shown to us.

After reviewing the designs and taking into consideration our reasoning for chosing it, as well as any design notes and extra images provided place your vote!

1.) Andersson.j from bit-tech. This case is sleek in design, a nice "cube" concept that fits easily next to a monitor, or in a home theater placement. It allows for ample space internally for everything we need and leaves room for expansion in the future.
    [​IMG]
    Remaining images can be seen here

2.) CaptainSlug from Bit-tech. This case design is modular and allows for a lot of flexibility. It also includes a system bus that aids in clean and effecient wiring, as well as a "one time" plug in for the motherboard, making life easy for those that wish to pull the motherboard tray quickly and effeciently.
    [​IMG]

3.) Dutchcedar from Bit-tech. This case design has tons of personality! Flexible and expandable enough to make any gamer happy with their purchase. Chosen because it is flexible and is loaded with options (like an expandable optical drive tray...pulls out to be on a more convenient location if the case is further away).
    [​IMG]

4.) Geno from Boxgods. This is a solid case design. Chosen because it performs multiple functions at once. Designed as a massive heatsink, it is also sleak and streamlined. Optical drives will be tucked away neatly behind a front door, power supply will be mounted on the top to keep heated airflow moving out and away from other components.
    [​IMG]

5.) the_Gnu from Bit-tech. This is another solid case design. It was chosen primarily because of its unique appearance and concepts. Stealthed drives, streamlined look, and flexible positioning make this a nice pick next to any monitor.
    [​IMG]

6.) J-Laret from bit-tech. This is a sleak, clean, simple design. Easily manufacturable and fitting in with the theme very well. Chosen because of those reasons, this case is all around a nice fit in any setting.
    [​IMG]

7.) Josh Carley (Climberfreak from bittech). This entry is unique in its design and appearance. Chosen because it allows for a good flow of cooling and is sleak in appearance and design. It flows well with the cooling fins surrounding the enclosure while keeping a clean appearance that fits well on any desk. It is also a zero Dba case design which will keep it nice and quiet.
    [​IMG]

8.) Joungne from Bit-tech. Sleak, elegant, streamlined this case is loaded with options and features that make for expansion capabilities, as well as a clean look on any computer desk.
    [​IMG]

9.) Nicktard from Casemodgod. Artistry and elegance flow together to bring this design to life. Functional in every aspect, as well as providing a multitude of finishing options made this case our choice for the running.
    [​IMG]

10.) Nix from bit-tech. This design was chosen because it is flexible and sleak. Clean lines and flexible placement of components make it a great option for any rig.
    [​IMG]

Best of luck to all of you that have made it this far! We will be closing the polls at the end of Wednesday (midnight CST -6GMT).

**note: Final decisions for the top five may not fully reflect the voting outcome on this particular forum**

Last edited: 27 Feb 2006
  2. Static Lullaby

Mods... is it possible to get this as a sticky for the 3 days of voting?

3. climberfreak66

climberfreak66 What's a Dremel?

4. Static Lullaby

Just edited the first post to link to more images for josh carley's submission.

5. BobbyMParr

BobbyMParr GameDemon

Static you have some promising entrys there they could make a elite line of pcs! Rock On and oh ygpm

6. Static Lullaby

Thank you! Though most of the credit needs to go to everyone that worked hard on entries!

7. timothyw9

timothyw9 Banned

[​IMG]

here is one i made earlier - i suppose it needs some more revising

8. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

would definitely have voted for jongnue's entry if it werent for the ipod dock. that kinda ruins it for me. it messes up the aesthetic of the side panel, is a hard to reach place if your case is either on the floor, or right beside your monitor, and is useless for anybody without an ipod

/sorry if i should have posted this somewhere else
    //sorry for the spelling of your name, j...

9. Joungne

Joungne What's a Dremel?

hej supertoad. I understand your vision on the IPOD dock, though if you had read the treath in total, including my entree you would have read that this is just a component that is replecable with numerous other things, like a passive heatsink (which you can see in the other renderings), a mesh panel, a closed panel, a panel with more fans...

But hej everybody has his meaning on something and I appreciate yours

Greetz,
    Joungne

10. BobbyMParr

BobbyMParr GameDemon

good work joungne nice case

11. BobbyMParr

BobbyMParr GameDemon

12. Soul__Assasin

Soul__Assasin What's a Dremel?

te competition is quite hard is see

but i must say joungne's entry is the best...

joungne +1

but i have a question where can we see the other forum's????

13. ajampaniki

ajampaniki What's a Dremel?

I think i speak for all of us when I say: que?

14. J-Laret

J-Laret What's a Dremel?

Yeah well, good luck everyone! Lots of good entries here. Joungne, you have really done a great job there. Lovely renders as well. I especially like the modular design you have there, smart idea.
    My only critique would be that it resembles the Apple designs too much. Other than that it's really nice.

Once again, may the best cases win!

15. DanaG

DanaG What's a Dremel?

Joungne's design is nice, but I think it needs the option for a 120mm fan in the rear with a standard hole layout, and it also needs a grille for an intake fan on the front.

16. timothyw9

timothyw9 Banned

wouldn't you waNT a different design aswell?

17. BobbyMParr

BobbyMParr GameDemon

timothy i think the top 5 people get to build and the top 3 after that go into production or something like that

18. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

Some comments on Joungne's case:

I don't like the feet design. If I were able to see how they were attached, I might change my mind, but I am slightly concerned as to how laterally stable the case is. I imagine that the case wouldn't tip over because of they wide stance of the feet, but there may be stresses placed on the mechanical connection. The tower will place a LOT of torque on this linkage from any accidental lateral motions. I'd feel more comfortable if the feet were attached with as wide a footprint as on the opposite end. Perhaps a rounded "H" type of connection with the footprint spreading out a bit on the bottom?

Also... a LCD screen would add considerably to the price. I know that the contest is to find a case to market for a top of the line gaming rig, but the LCD should be optional and then possibly offered as an add-on.

19. Static Lullaby

Contest is CLOSED... this is the second stage of the contest and for voting purposes only. Sorry, but you are a bit too late.

20. Static Lullaby

EOCF has a thread in their case modding section for voting as well. Casemodgod has a thread w/o a poll (for some reason they have polling disabled over there), and there are two other forums that have a poll as well. Their voting will be revealed here after the polls close on wednesday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.