1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Alexa Studio, Sonos One(Gen2) or Apple HomePod

Discussion in 'General' started by DeadP1xels, 20 May 2020.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Fathers day and my birthday fall within the same week, I'm in the market for a smart speaker since my Google Home Mini stopped behaving with the WIFI. I didn’t put much effort in fixing to be entirely honest because I only used it for Spotify and the built in speakers to my Mac sounded better.

Budget is no more than £200

Currently in the running is those in the title with the Sonos and Alexa out in front based on initial review

would love feedback on all however

2. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Alexa on the Sonos isn't quite the same as Akexa on an Echo, it's a bit more limited for routines etc. Still works for asking questions & turning on lights etc but won't support routines. You can also use Google Assistant on the Sonos (you pick what assistant you want when you set it up).

The homepod has more bass than the Sonos One but only supports Siri & doesn't natively support Spotify.

Not played with the Studio so can't really comment

3. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

sorry, thought the thread fell on it’s feet early doors

The studio is the one I’m most interested in, I don’t want to compromise on sound though and Spotify is my platform of choice. like the idea of a smart home but largely I’m after a compact sound solution so sound is key.

Based on review I’m edging to Alexa studio but I’m so familiar with Sonos being top dog

4. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

We have a Sonos One with Alexa in the kitchen, it is used daily for radio and streaming from Spotify. Voice control to turn it on, change radio stations, volume and turning it off is perfect, no problems. I don't use home automation so can't comment on that. Sound quality is great, albeit it is a single speaker. We sometimes take it out in the backyard with an extension cable and it can really get loud.