1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Alien Isolation: Custom Graphics Engine

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AMDMatt, 4 Feb 2015.

1. AMDMatt

AMDMatt AMD Rep

This is how you optimise a pc game to run wonderfully on all hardware and look fantastic at the same time. :)

2. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Didn't watch the video....but I'm assuming the role AMD played in the development process was keeping the office nice and toasty :p

3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Come on now, play nice.

4. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks for sharing Matt. it is a gorgeous game and if it wasn't for an monstrous Alien constantly hunting me I would love to explore Sevastopol without constantly looking over my shoulder.

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

there is a modified Alien.BML that disables the alien allowing you to walk around soaking in the atmosphere.

6. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I'm so gay for this game right now, it's got the most cohesive and immersive atmosphere of any game I can remember playing. Spent most of the opening (pre-alien) sections just ambling about and staring at everything in every room. It was like being on the original film sets.

(And for bonus troll points, I'm playing it on an Nvidia card and it runs like a dream :D)

7. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I've been half tempted to use it. I restarted the game on novice and I still poo myself. Still, at least I have the flamethrower now.

8. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Therer are a few things about the game that did really disappoint me though! For a start it was the use of liquids, or should I say the lack of. At the start of the game on the Torrens there is a shower running. The water graphics are terrible and even though you can stand under the shower there are no water effects, Not even wet foot prints as you walk out.

There could have been some also use of water throughout the game with burst water pipes, sprinker systems, flooded sections etc. The second part was the lack of any real physics. There was such a great opportunity to have sections of the game in a zero G environment. This would have been awesome with dozens of objects floating around and bouncing of walls etc. Just saying :D

9. AMDMatt

AMDMatt AMD Rep

I've got my other half playing it, that shows what a good game it is. :p