1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Aliens vs Predator and The UK Games Biz

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 29 Jan 2010.

1. the_good

the_good What's a Dremel?

is this game supposed to be directX 11?

if so... i dont see anything in the pictures of AVP that resembles of directx11 @@

not another console port with software tesselation to make ppl beleive its rlly dx11..

look at how BFbc2 perfroms! so bad... u can see consoles written all over it.. even the controlling is like playing console game@@

2. NethLyn

NethLyn Minimodder

Silent Hill was surprisingly good, thought it was going to be rubbish so left it to television, but was pleasantly surprised - I should've seen it at the flicks. Like all one-way journey ghost flicks, the abrupt ending's a flaw you can't really get away from but that was the worst thing about it. Of the three, this would be the Blu-Ray of the bunch, the CGI's really well rendered but doesn't make the ghostliness look crisp and perfect.

Doom - ripped off Alien/s, The Thing and Dawn of the Dead 2004, its infamous "bit that looks like a game" was the worst thing about it as well as the ending turning into Universal Soldier.

Hitman - went for the James Bond/Bourne crowd with the violence, soundtrack and the 12-cert sexual suggestiveness but great splodes and Timothy Olyphant was great at breathing life into what was just a bunch of pixels. Would still buy it on DVD for the occasional Saturday night laff. Also good to have "Prison Break guy" showing his range with a East European accent, so the casting was smart.

As for the actual game we're commenting on, pre-ordered from Zavvi today so put my money where my mouth is, supporting a Brit dev and whatever the state of the creatures, I know the Marine part will be cracking. Cannot wait.

3. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

with good graphic, ability to rip somebody's head off with its spines to use it pass through retina scans....

...is one good reason enough for me to buy the game.

wicked.

Tags: Add Tags