1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Alienware or dell?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gamergod05, 2 Jul 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

I'm starting to love your replies... They make for good comedy!

I play plenty of good looking games, quite well.

1920 x 1080 IS a TV resolution... 1920 x 1200 is not.

2560 x 1600 isn't at all overrated. The majority of people just can't afford them.

Your last line makes no sense... I state that my custom build will still be playing games after your Dell dies, and you come back with that line? :D

2. gamergod05

gamergod05 What's a Dremel?

1920 X 1080 a tv res so what it does not work with pc games and why would a monitor have that res then!

3. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

So you go from disagreeing with me, to agreeing with me, with a secondary argument... Man kid, you really need to learn when you've lost an argument and give up. You ask for help, don't listen to it, then complain why you're right when you're clearly wrong. It's comical to everyone reading this thread but you.

Really... Just quit replying, you're making yourself look like a fool.

Enjoy your Dell.

4. morris8809

morris8809 Minimodder

You will wish that you had listened to the advice in this thread when in about 1 year your motherboard fries right after the warranty runs out, and your stuck with a paperweight that dell will charge 300 dollars+ for a replacement motherboard. I built my first computer at 16, while i was 15 i was going to build a custom pc but parents ended up purchasing a dell laptop. after 1 year the motherboard fried, 3 years and 4 replacement keyboards and the thing is still a pos.

Dells quality is very lacking, i work for a pc repair company and dell is one of THE WORST computer manu. i have ever seen. Bad capacitors, bad motherboards, junk power supplies, junk video cards. Have fun on your new dell.

5. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Gamergod, you've got to be doing this intentionally at this point, multiquoting isn't too hard.

6. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

You have much to learn, young gamergod05.

To be honest, I think you're beyond helping at this point. Come back in a few years when you have your own money to spend and a bad experience with a Dell PC behind you. You really need to learn that the quality of a system isn't measured by how expensive the graphics cards inside are, nor how many of them there are. It depends on the quality of each and every component, how well balanced and matched the components are, and the care and attention that is put into building it. That can only come from spending the time and effort to build it yourself. I hope you enjoy your Dell, but I really doubt you will.

Oh, and if you still refuse to use the multi-quote feature, then for the love of God please edit your posts! That is what the button is there for :nono:

This thread would probably only be 2 pages long if it was cleaned up properly.

7. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Cos people will buy them for multimedia PCs.

1920x1200 is the proper PC format (arguably it should be 1920x1440 since that's 4:3)

8. IDave

IDave What's a Dremel?

This is a typical child's mind set "It's a super duper GTX285 and I have 2 so i'm better than you"

Do you know what make the motherboard is in your computer? What kind of OCing ability does it have?

What make is your hard drive? How are the read/write speeds?

What make is your RAM? What's it's frequency and timings?

Performance isn't about who has the highest number on their components, or the most of something?

But then you are just a child, so you haven't grown up enough yet to understand that. :rolleyes:

9. gamergod05

I have the 4 year full warranty i know they will replace any thing i had my hd break dell came to my house and installed new 1tb when i only had 500g.

10. gamergod05

Yes i know how to overclock

They show you how to most of it and from vid i have seen on overclocking seems nothing is missing in the dell
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RCmJWT15j0

Ram is 6GB Tri-Channel DDR3 at 1066MHZ

and for the hd it's speed

1TB - SATA-II, 3GB/S, 7200RPM, 32MB Cache

11. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

QFT

12. haddow64

haddow64 What's a Dremel?

You are starting to show your immaturity a little, trying to argue that you have an awesome pc because of the numbers. But the parts themselves are not high quality, dell is trying to get as much profit as possbile. If you had followed Kiytan's advice you would have a pc that FAR outstrips your current one.

But good luck to you, I hope you enjoy your pc, people here are just arguing with you because they all know that you have missed out on a rewarding and educational experience. But when its your own money that you have to work for believe me you will actually stop and think about it.

13. gamergod05

Alright i know it's cheaper but thanks for opinions im fine with the dell im sure it a step up from a ps3 in only 720p to a computer running games like crysis 1080p very high.

14. Oreon_237

Oreon_237 CHEA BRO!

Crysis? my 260+ can run it at very high at 1080p.
    for your previous comment on 30" being overrated. Have YOU been to a design studio, they are everywhere!

15. gamergod05

idk it will run on mine and that's all i care about

16. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

Honestly, I can say anything that hasn't been said here.
    You asked for help, but didn't listen. You tried to argue and lost horribly.
    Now you are going to be conceited and rude.

Please, clean up your act, or reduce posting(or stop completely).

17. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

At this point, I'm thinking OP would be better served by paying more attention to school work than gaming. Get some punctuation, grammar and construction to written communications. In addition, exercises in critical thinking might help.

500mph likes this.
  18. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Why won't this guy listen?

19. gamergod05

No need i got 85 in english i was top in my class i just don't bother on internet.

20. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

Dude I have to ask, what grade are you in? Seriously, if your above 13 yrs, then act like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.