1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Aliexpress products

Discussion in 'Modding' started by drcc, 14 Oct 2015.

1. drcc

drcc What's a Dremel?

Does anybody have some idea about the watercooling products from aliexpress.com. is it worth buying from aliexpress?

2. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

It's fine for cheap mass produced factory items but I'd not buy anything of real value. Your warranty is within china so you have to send anything back to RMA it.

And even then the warranty period is normally only 30 days from dispatch, so most of it is wasted during shipping.

Aliexpress is really for wholesalers who don't have credit accounts rather than retail customers. Returns are written off as a loss in that situation and accounted for in their margins.

3. kim

kim hardware addict

It turns out watercooling parts like fittings found on aliexpress are mostly from Barrow's, and barrow's stuff is like bitspower's stuff without the brand... fittings, tubes, coolant, modding tools, reservoirs or rads are just cheaper but im pretty sure the quality is similar IMO, but the choice is also limited, time to receive the goods is long and big brands are providing much more high end products...but it's just my opinion, some might give you opposite opinion...

4. techniana

techniana What's a Dremel?

I would not risk it, my Husband bought a laptop from them, which turned out to be cheap at thze beginning but did not last!...the look on his face when i told him..'i told you so' was quite empathetic so now he knows..but on the flip side. I get dresses and shoes from Aliexpress and love them!. I would say anything with equipment..stay clear, but anything else thats more luxury based..dig inh ;)

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

No it's not: Alibaba is for wholesale B2B, AliExpress is for retail B2C.

I've bought loads of stuff from AliExpress and rarely had a problem, but I'm not sure I'd trust unbranded Chinese stuff - or, worse, branded-but-fake Chinese clones - for keeping water off my precious PC!

6. davido_labido

davido_labido Your Alphacool Contact.

yeah, be careful with certain items from there but as a general rule it is fine.

7. afrasiab

afrasiab What's a Dremel?

Aliexpress is fine. I have shop many times and got no problem.

8. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

I use aliexpress all the time, usually finding stuff for 50% of the price I'd find on amazon and comparable or cheaper than eBay.

You'll need to be aware of possible quality issues, so I limit my aliexpress purchases to fairly commoditized stuff.