1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows All about Eve

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Pookeyhead, 30 Dec 2005.

1. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Hmm. Half way through the tutorial, and some passing player asked me join a conversation. Ok I thought. Nothing. Then he/she released a cargo container right next to me, and flew off. "Aw. Someone helping a noob" I thought. Opened it, dropped an item from it into my own cargo hold, cue the aggression warning and the almost instant destruction of my ship as he swooped back in from out of no where. Checking his profile revealed a crude, and rather laughable message about keeping EVE 'real' by killing 'newbs'. Gee thanks.

2. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

ah griefers, where would any mmo be without them
    :p
    but tbh it shows a warning message when you try to take something from someone else's can so you must've just blindly disregarded it or have disabled it before
    eve doesnt pull any punches but it doesnt blindfold you either ;)
    edit: if you need some cash to get started or something tell me your char name and i can make a donation :)

3. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

Said feature was added recently to allow people who were stolen from some chance to get revenge, it does mean most players have to be a lot more carefull dealing with cans though.

4. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Yeah I think I must have been distracted or else not really read what was on the screen. Is there some sort of timer attached to cargo to eventually make it free-pickings? I've stumbled over a fair amount of floating loot without a ship in sight, only to be confronted with the warning message about it. Ho hum.

My character is called LoHeimdawl btw (feel free to get jiggy with those donations!)

I'd actually forgotten how long the tutorial was, although to be fair it's not exactly a waste of time to go through it again as there was a lot I'd forgotten since my previous, cursory experience in EVE.

I think once I've got him established, and had a couple days of decent playtime, I'm going to go looking for a small corp to join.

5. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

small corps are likely to be just as noob as you are, i'd still reccomend joining one of the university type corps
    its not like its permanent, if you dont like it you can just leave :p

6. Ryszvaldo

Ryszvaldo Banned

Just started this last night - 3am I realised that I had to be in work today - hnnnnnnnnh!

Fantastic game!

Tags: