1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News All-In-Wonder X800 XL Pictured

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 5 Jul 2005.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Cheap Mod Wannabe What's a Dremel?

I'm trying to figure out why the heck nvidia didn't yet made a competitor for all-in-wonder series... =|
    However guys in nvidia are working on their multimedia software but they did not have any updates for a LOOOOONG time.

3. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

you gotta love the cards rockin out in their gold and purple livery.

hell, i'd buy one just to be able to light it up with a little laser show. "look! i have a freaking gold and purple video card!"

seriously. best. colour scheme. ever.

oh, question.

does it have the theatre 550 chipset?

4. Tim S

Tim S OG

I'm not 100% sure on that, but I totally agree on the colour scheme, it r0x0r.

I'll try and find out the exact specification of the ATI Tuner tomorrow - I have a feeling that it is just a slightly improved ATI Tuner as seen on the AIW X800 XT.

5. LoneArchon

LoneArchon What's a Dremel?

It great in all but the one nick pick I have is they done away with the dual monitor support they had on the other x800 AIW cards. When the 9600 Pro AIW came out the dual monitor support was a key factor in buying it.

6. Excuse my ignorace but what makes a card an all-in-wonder? thanks

7. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

It has a TV tuner and allsorts of goodies in it. AIW cards Cheesecake ;)

8. ^^ Thanks for clearing it up mate, I'll look into the X800XL AIW

9. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Don't forget the FM Tuner and the RF "Remote Wonder".

Knowing ATI, this will be compadible with Crossfire. That will be shweet!

10. zx2assassin

zx2assassin What's a Dremel?

could it be possible, as with some other AIW's that i have seen that another vga or dvi port is on a cable that plugs into the connector thats next to the dvi connector, or does someone else know what thats exactally for?

11. Tim S

Tim S OG

that adds an interesting spin on to things....

12. lord nicon21

lord nicon21 sexy *******

i would like to see the brick or av block as from the all in wonder 8500DV it when down hill with only half the plugs :grr:

13. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

They did. In the GeForce 2-4 (and through the FX5 series) they released a product called the "NVidia Personal Cinema." It didn't sell as well, unfortunately, so I think they canned it as of the 6 series. Honestly, the ease-of-use was never quite as high as the ATi cards, I think that may have had something to do with it. I have a Geforce 2 MX personal cinema, and I loved it. But I'd probably not recommend it to someone who didn't know a lot about what they were doing.

@Froggy & Bigz...
    Dude...crossfire would be sweeeeeeet...they DID say that all of their X series would be CS compatible, didn't they? The only problem is, I don't see the key on the PCB...shouldn't it be right around where the tuner is pictured? I can't tell if it's because the tuner block is in the view or if it's just not on there.

14. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Thanks Da Dego... My ignorance is always happy to be displayed in this wonderful world of knowledge.

15. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

N/P. :D Always happy to help you show it!

Seriously, though, we're all ignorant about some things. :) If I had a dime for everything that I learned from this forum, I'd be rich.

16. Cheap Mod Wannabe

As long as you do not show your ignorance in certain things that later make your girlfriend enlighten you with some exciting information... That is one thing I learned looking at my bro who got married 18.

17. Jenton

Jenton What's a Dremel?

Question about Video Games on the AIW

Hey, so I heard that the AIW X800 XT had poor console support because there was a half second delay between pressing a button on the controller and responding on screen. As a result, several people said playing PS2 on the AIW X800 XT was impossible. Does anyone know if this problem will be the same for the XL AIW? Thanks!

18. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

I had that problem with my AIW 9800 pro. It didnt do it on my AIW 9600 Pro so im not sure about the x800 series. The reasion for the delay is for the video processing. Just thinking about it, it also did it on my TV Wonder Pro. I ended up geting the HDTV thing for the xbox and connecting that to my monitor as it looked better and had no processing delay.

19. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

20. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Oh my... :) I suppose that's one reason to not get married as a virgin.

And Froggy, you're actually being helpful!!!! My lord, I think I'm about to fall over.

Tags: Add Tags