1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News AllOfMP3 responds to lawsuits

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 28 Dec 2006.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. Sim0n

Sim0n rm -rf /

Its like a game of Tennis.... the RIAA are turning out to be Tim Henmen, trying so hard every game, but being embrassed by the younger, less fit, russian :p

3. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

RIAA will end up looking stupid and completely useless once more...

...perhaps all they are planning some sort of multi-million-dollar sitcom :hehe:

4. Mosey

Mosey What's a Dremel?

The RIAA appear to be becoming more of a joke each day. I can't help but feel very happy about iit.

5. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

They know that $1.65 trillion is a silly number, so what do they expect? The RIAA are ridiculous. Think of all the money they could save by dumping all of their lawyers. :D

6. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

:idea: Any good suggestions as to where to dump them? :naughty: :worried:

BWAHAHAHAHA! :thumb: nice paraphrase.

7. Spaced_invader

Spaced_invader What's a Dremel?

hmmm if I had 1.65Trillion dollars, you know what I'd do? buy the rights to all the music known to man and sell a copy for a penny a track.. oh... hang on... someones already selling it for the right price... silly me..

[edit] isn't it funny how 1.65T$ equates to just about £0.85B some people don't know what a billion really is...

Last edited: 28 Dec 2006
  8. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

i wonder if the leader of the riaa was up on the tv screen and did a doctor evil style "1.6 trillion dollars"..

like this
    [​IMG]

it worked better in my head than written lol

9. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I dunno, I have to wonder if this won't end up hurting AOMP3. I mean, when the WTO BS was going on every other week there was a story about how they were going the be shut down any day now. I mean, you can't BUY that kind of advertising! Now that the RIAA has had to resort to their trusty aresnal or lawyers since their wholly owned politicians failed. Go AOMP3!!! :thumb:

10. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

M4RTIN i craped my pants laughing about that post!!!!!

eat this RIAA!!!!!!!

edit: this just sunk in:

1.6 TRILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!!! HOLLY F****** S***!!!!!!!!

11. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

RIAA is a silly goose. :hehe:

12. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Since we're on the subject, I couldn't reccomend allofmp3's service more. Excellent store.

Good luck to the RIAA on suing a small russian company for a little under the GDP of the United Kingdom. I'm sure they'll do just fine.

13. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

lol i would have loved it if allofmp3 responded with "LOL, how about you come here and make us pay"

Nothing the RIAA can do....haha.

14. banshee256

banshee256 What's a Dremel?

Crappy ISP

Could someone please post the reply or throw me a link or something, so I can actually read the reply AllOfMP3 made? I happen to be so fortunate that I live in Denmark and my ISP, like almost all other Danish ISPs, has blocked that particular site... :rolleyes:

15. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Wow, danish ISP's are blocking sites they don't like? That's pretty lame given the fact that there's nothing illegal in and of itself about allofmp3.

Response in full

An attempt by the major record labels to use a U.S. court to as part of its campaign against AllofMP3.com is imprudent.

AllofMP3 understands that several US record label companies filed a lawsuit against Mediaservices in New York. This suit is unjustified as AllofMP3.com does not operate in New York. Certainly the labels are free to file any suit they wish, despite knowing full well that AllofMP3.com operates legally in Russia.

In the mean time, AllofMP3.com plans to continue to operate legally and comply with all Russian laws.

16. Breach

Breach Modding in Exile

Yeah, good luck RIAA. US threats are basically no good on a non US business. As if others haven't been trying for months or years to get Allofmp3 eradicated. Maybe they should just get a hint and accept that ...people like cheap downloads and allofmp3 has a perfect business model unlike their own aging way of doing business.

17. banshee256

banshee256 What's a Dremel?

Well, it's not by choice, I can tell you that. There was a lawsuit or something and one ISP was told, by the court, to deny access to AllOfMP3 to their customers. The other ISPs saw the writting on the wall and denied access to their users too.

18. specofdust

specofdust Banned

That is incredibly lame. I guess you can probably use proxies no bother, but it still sucks for your country to be doing that.

19. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

Wow...that's a lot of money. They will never get it though.
    I've used allofmp3 a couple of times, great service, great site.

20. Aankhen

Aankhen What's a Dremel?

LMAO. The RIAA got told.

Tags: Add Tags