1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Almost every boot up, bluescreen

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by GingerFox, 15 Jun 2010.

1. GingerFox

GingerFox What's a Dremel?

Hey guys

My pc keeps bluescreening, at first i thought it was the overclock, so i reset to default, still having problems.

The error message is usually different aswel, but i can't seem to find how to upload the minidump files here, and i have no idea what they mean:(

Can anyone help?

2. PegasusM

PegasusM Stand back, I'm doing science

what does it say when it blue screens?

3. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Right down the error code(s)- I used to get 0x0000008e alot, turned out to be some funky usb mouse driver issue ( would update to one of two drivers each time I ran the update, only one driver actually worked properly ). Any new hardware installed lately?

4. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Try to get a pic of the bsod with a camera then upload as normal.

5. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

How maxed out was your overclock? Was it the highest stable you could get, or did you crank it back a bit to save pushing the hardware to the max?

If I had a pound for every dead PC I've heard of owned by those that overclock to the max....

I'm not saying you've got dead hardware because of your overclock, but it's a possibility. It's also a possible that you've just got a borked windows install and sorting that out may fix it.

I'd recomend grabbing a linux live CD and see if you can boot into that. If not then you've likely got hardware issues, so you'll need to start working out what it is... may be just the PSU, but it could also be the MB or CPU or...

6. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Have you run Memtest86+ yet?

7. GingerFox

Hi, i ran the memory test than can be accessed by pressing f8 at startup, it said problems were dectected, but didn't show me the results on next boot, i think because it failed to boot or something, so does this look like it definatly points to ram?

i tried to upload a pic but for some reason its failing to upload atm

8. GMX09

GMX09 Frequent Tweaker

If problems were detected, it's likely that your RAM is the issue.

9. GingerFox

Thought so, im now testing each stick on its own, hopefully its just the one thats gone