1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Alpha Cool Cape Corp... Passive Radiators!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MiLwOrkZ, 15 Sep 2005.

1. MiLwOrkZ

MiLwOrkZ What's a Dremel?

Go To Page 3 for the actual rads! :thumb:

The decision has been made and it is going to be the Cape Corp Rads! 2 maxis that is! WOOOTTT

I was going to get these but nahh i dont want them anymore too much money!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

continue ther Thread to see the CAPE CORP on PAGE 3

Also what pump should i use Slow/Fast? or Just what type?

Last edited: 14 Oct 2005
  2. MiLwOrkZ

I am sorry can this please be moved to the cooling section i did the post here on accident!

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Moved. :thumb:

4. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

They're amazing. I've seen one cooling a fast system (X800 XTPE, Pentium M @ 2.4 Ghz, and NB) at 4-5 degrees above ambient. If you can afford one, and have space to mount it, by all means get one. This system had an aquastream 12 volt rev. 3 pump, and no fans. The system could not be heard at more than a couple of inches away from the front grill.

5. MiLwOrkZ

YESS..... Sweet.... ok cool that is one for the radiator anybody else before i commit to buying something that costs more than my mobo an hardrive combined!

6. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Its good, hence the price.

7. MiLwOrkZ

yeah i noticed the price but i am going for a COMPLETELY FANLESS Wood computer system! i have a wc'd system right now with the rad inside but to get enuf air to it i actually have a 3 tornado's doing the work due to the overclocking i am doing! but now i am finshed with thtat and would like a SILENT gaming system not OC'd but if so the WC sys can handle it!

8. MiLwOrkZ

Ok guyz in the process of seaching for the pump i wantd to use i stumbled upon:

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article248-page1.html

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

Sweet a computer with what i want! but the down side is the actual Temps they recoded where a little higher than i wanted but what do you expect it is FANLESS! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

9. Fibbles

Fibbles What's a Dremel?

I have the Maxi version of the Konvect-O-Matic and will be using it soon in a passive and active system. If you're buying one now, see if you can get ahold of the Pro version. The pro version has more fins on the fins and supposedly cools much beter than the non pro versions.

Here: http://www.webshop-innovatek.de/ass...p-innovatek.de/ (scroll down a bit)

10. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Temps aren't EVERYTHING.
    The most important thing is how much changes between idle and load, since thats where the real cooling efficency is.

11. MiLwOrkZ

Well your link isnt working for me but i will keep trying! as for the temps between load and idle they jump almost 10 degrees celsius! i might put an extra small radiator as an in between radiotor between the cpu and the gpu

This will probably be the series:

rad>cpu>N/B>rad#2>gpu>res>pump

and yes that will be two radiators in the system it is overkill but i have an idea for them!

12. koola

koola Minimodder

The pro version looks even better!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I bet it's cooling capacity is awesome :D

13. MiLwOrkZ

the one i have selected i think... are the pro version but i might be worng... The only place that i can find to order them is frozencpu.com. is there any other place that you can think of that also might be cheaper

14. Techno-Dann

You know what really rocks? I built that system. Plays HL2 like a dream, BTW.

15. MiLwOrkZ

wow really who do you work for... what company?

16. Techno-Dann

I work for Puget Custom Computers. While it's not possible to order a system like that directly from our website, you can E-mail one of our customer service reps, and we can get an order like that one set up for you.

I build the computers. Yes, it's a really nice job. Not to mention that the benefits are great.

That particular build was interesting... The motherboard is upside-down, at the bottom of the case. The PSU is at the very top of the case, with space for a hard drive standing on its side between the two. The ATX 4 pin connector is stretched really tight. Another cm further, and it wouldn't reach. Also, getting that massive radiator full was hard. I still think there's some air in the system somewhere.

17. Nexxo

Still, 41-43C is very respectable for a system under load. Of course, at this point it was dissipating 120W. You have to calculate how many Watts your system will put out to get a comparison.

18. MiLwOrkZ

ahhh.... calculate.... damnit that involves math! will you do it for me i jsut got done with my physics test!

as for the temps.... it idles at 31-33 degrees then jumps to 41 degrees i want to kleep it close to the 30's under load and idle so therefore more water mean less temp change! more room in my res and more radiator!

19. Nexxo

Not really. Although a larger ammount of water takes longer to warm up, once it has, you will find that temperatures are much the same as with a smaller ammount of water in your loop.

The most effective way to get cooler temps is through bigger rads, really.

20. MiLwOrkZ

well if you havent noticed the rad are about 24" x 13" and i might be getting two of them!

Tags: