1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Alpha Protocol Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 27 Sep 2009.

1. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

I have to disagree, I am not gay and nor am I homophobic. But I would not play a game that had me involved in gay sex storylines much as I would not play a female character either if those conatations were involved. For that reason I think far too many people of the general public would avoid such games. The only way around it would be to develope the game for all sexual preferences and that would just be far too much work.

Last edited: 29 Sep 2009
  2. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

Well I can understand that. But using Alpha Protocol as an example, a game where everything is supposedly based on player choice and offers 4 female love interests. What if it had 3 female and 1 male love interest instead? You wouldn't have to choose nor see any of the gay path if you didn't want to. Would you still think of it as an issue?

@B1GBUD

Not really what I was going for, but sure.

3. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Personally, No. However I was also pointing out that you will always leave people unhappy one way or the other. What if girls say they want a female character with guy interests? Then the lesbian issue? Then you will have the purists who say 'I am not playing that game because it is promoting gay relations', or 'I ain't playing that, I don't want to be a chick picking up guys'. I know there are plenty of girls who play computer games and gay guys and girls along with them. However, I would have to say that they would be in the minority, especially in this genre of game, although that is only my opinion.

As for the 'White guy'... maybe they know a secret service statistic that we don't, lmao

Last edited: 29 Sep 2009
Tags: Add Tags