1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Jinxed

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Ryu_ookami, 19 Nov 2004.

?

Should I quit now or carry On

1. Carry On

87.4%
  2. Give Up

12.6%
  1. padrejones2001

padrejones2001 Puppy Love

Agreed they have pretty pisspoor battery life and have no power, either. They just...suck.

2. Nexodus

Nexodus What's a Dremel?

I`d say Never give UP. What is one disaster compared to a beautiful mod?

3. Yelrad

Yelrad What's a Dremel?

dont give up keep going bro

4. WaZzUp115

WaZzUp115 What's a Dremel?

I think that's the thing. He's going to quit being a modder.. :cooldude:

5. Captain Slug

Captain Slug Infinite Patience

Um, you're building a case from scratch using a dremel? That would take forever.

Get some better tools and you'll have fewer problems.
    I recommend
    + Jigsaw
    + Table Saw
    + Power sander
    + Drillpress

6. Lexeus

Lexeus What's a Dremel?

Or just get another plain wired one and do a bit of modding :D

But yea I have found that dremels(multi-tools) are a bit unreliable. Did you buy actual dremel branded ones ? Because I bought a crappy B&Q one which didn't fit togethor with the flexible arm and I used it without it justing with the fixed blade and it broke, so went straight back. Then I bought a Draper one and after a couple of hours use the first weekend, it broke so I sent it back and got a replacement and have used that for a few hours and it seems ok.
    I thinkt he actual dremel brand ones look quite reliable but they do cost alot :sigh:

7. Lexeus

Lexeus What's a Dremel?

oh, and as said above, I think maybe you have a bit too much faith in the flexibility of the dremel. to make a case I am pretty sure you are going to want a jigsaw, anless its some kind of very unconventional case :worried:

8. Zero_Distortion

Zero_Distortion What's a Dremel?

Where you located? If your in the US go to Sears and get a craftsman branded rotary (its a rebadged dremel) This way you can bring it back to ANY sears ANY time for a replacement. Craftsman has a lifetime warranty no questions asked.

9. purepope

purepope Banned

dont give up, and does a power sander have ne use, i found one in the ose (the only electic tool expt my 20doller drill that has weird hammer action if i choose lol, )

10. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

ok i sort of forgot that i had left this open i have'nt given up but i have gone and got myself a new jigsaw, hammer drill and finishing sander still have yet to get a new dremel but th GF insisted on going and buying an Icute case anyway so i have to wait until i get a new system which should be by friday any luck before i start modding another case :) but seeing as this one will be all mine any ideas on what i should do to it at presents either a full tower a base unit, a pentium tower that looks like a set of steps or another midi tower. (i have a lot of towers around my local boot fair tends to have some one selling them for a fiver so i buy them just to rip apart :)