1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Amazon delivery, where is the logic?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 21 Feb 2018.

1. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

We've had very little trouble with Prime, and as Mister_Tad says they usually offer compensation if your delivery doesn't turn up on time.

If it wasn't for Prime I doubt I'd be such an avid customer of Amazon.

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

There's something very not right with my local depot. It's a mere 5 miles away, yet our parcels arrive at gone 8pm. Mum said that she was in bed one night and one arrived at 9:15 pm. Which is BS, IMO.

I'm not a fan of Hermes either, because they can come at any time up to 8pm for collections. When should I cook my dinner then? because my kitchen is in a closed room at the back end of my flat and when I am cooking I cannot hear the doorbell at all. Nor would I want to leave my frying pan cooking something and go and bugger around with all that. This sort of thing should be done during business hours (9-5) and then done for the day.

The problem is my mother is partially deaf. Thus, they can't understand her and she can't understand them. Meaning that every time there is a problem, unless I am here with her, we can't complain. Well, not by phone any way. Maybe I should start going down the email route I guess, but I have plenty of my own stuff to deal with ATM.

They're due again today, let's see how that goes.

LennyRhys likes this.
  3. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Other than the pointless splitting of deliveries and amazon not having a clue that harddisks need to be packed to survive WW3 to have a chance to work after a UK courier has been through with them I've never had a problem either.
    Plus the savings from free deliveries are absolutely massive if you are in a remote area where everyone else deletes your wallet with extra fees.

Bit of a double edged sword, because anyone who lives alone and has a 9-5 job will be absolutely delighted about not having to waste a holiday every time they order something.

LennyRhys likes this.
  4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

For me though it wrecks my daily schedule, and being autistic that is about akin as to the end of the world. It really, really messes me up.

5. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

They could just put in an option like: Pay £x.xx extra and choose the daytime, but of course the UK couriers are only interested in their self destructive race to the bottom and f*** the customers.

6. pete*

pete* Something witty here.

Love Amazon. Never had anything late or missed. And when i'm not in, it goes to the RM depot opposite my house. :D Who are open until 8.

Yodel i've never (that I can recall) had deliver my amazon stuff. They did deliver some other companies things though. A table.
    Wasn't in to take the delivery (it wasn't due until 2 days later when I was off work).
    Marked as handed to a next door neighbour. A house that has no occupants. The table was shoved down a side alley in the rain.
    We didn't know this until a week later. So in the meantime had told them we never received it, and they sent a new one. which the top was
    smashed in on.
    They sent a new top.
    We now have two tables for the price of one after discovering the one shoved down the alley. (yay!).... but ultimately, useless.

I also find prime to be pointless. I don't usually care about getting things SO quick, and the other stuff you get with prime is total crap.
    And still have to pay for most of it.