1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware AMD 770X Motherboard Duel

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 2 Jul 2008.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

2. naokaji

naokaji whatever

nice reivew, even if the boards are not really what I'm looking for atm.

agree, it is bizarre, and the number of people that do request them is defintly not big enough to justify having a serial port on every board in a manufacturers lineup.

3. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I can understand having serial ports on server main boards but on a desktop one...?

As far as I can see the Sapphire is not faster than the Sapphire. Maybe it's just me. :p

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Sorry that was my edit

5. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Personally, legacy support for nearly redundant features frustrates me enormously. WHY include a floppy disc port? WHY include a serial port, WHY include PS2 mouse and keyboard connections! I know i personally haven't used these features for years, and while I appreciate that there's a small minority of people that do, shouldn't motherboard manufacturers be listening to the majority, and not the whinging minority who complain about legacy features?

6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

My computer at work uses PS2... then again it's old and slow anyways. :)

7. -EVRE-

-EVRE- What's a Dremel?

Woohoo! more AMD board reviews please!

*floppy port.. buy a usb one! dont bother putting the port on a mobo anymore.
    *serial.. make it a header and give me a few more USB ports back there, I'm already using 7..
    *PS2... My Acer came with a PS2 KB, I use it.. dont really care..

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

We've got new CPUs coming and we're waiting for the new SB750 southbridge and 790GX northbridge boards to arrive too.

9. Kúsař

Kúsař regular bit-tech reader

Interesting review. Few of my friends were asking me for recommandations of some cheap AMD boards. Finally there is some reliable review :)
    I remember you said SB600 and SB700 were pin compatible. When will MB manufacturers start replacing them? SB700 have been around for some time...

And I would like to see more AMD board reviews too. Asus M3A32 dlx surely deserves review :)
    And perhaps comparison of AMD chipsets(AMD770, 790X, 790FX...)

10. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

It looks like the difference between top end and low-ish end motherboards is shortening, which is pleasent to see!

A nice review Bit-Tech!

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

We use the M3A32 in every CPU review in the last 6 months and we've reviewed 790FX, 790X and 770X in separate reviews and highlighted the difference when Spider launched :)

No one is really using SB700 because it's "broken" but most are waiting for SB750.

Ive got 780a on the list for review too.

12. Kúsař

Kúsař regular bit-tech reader

"in separate reviews" - I know :) . I want to see them in one review so that I know how big the difference is.
    Just like you did in MSI P45 platinum review - P35, X38, P45, X48.

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Ah, a mass comparison. I do see your point but putting together the P45 stuff took a month of back-testing :|

I'll do some cross comparisons for 780a that's for sure

14. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

What about VIA chipsets?

LOL.

15. nickinUK

nickinUK What's a Dremel?

Hi nice review.
    Have been using an AX78 here for a few months now as a go-between and don't have any complaints about it (well apart from the southbridge).
    The other thing I did find the Abit had was you can also add a 40mm fan to the PWM heatsink for extra cooling without having to butcher it. Just screws straight on there no probs.

16. -EVRE-

-EVRE- What's a Dremel?

Thanks Bindibadgi, really looking forward to it!
    I'm looking to build a new AMD quad core box soon for some wow multiboxing goodness:naughty:

17. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

Nice review as always man. Any news on when we'll be seeing those 790fx mobo's with the newer southbridge? I'm looking to build a new machine and I can't seem to find hardly anyone talking about AMD's supposedly top-o'-the-line chipset.

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I've been asking and all I've got was "soon", which is more than the "can't comment" from AMD directly.

19. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

Ah, well that's no fun. Thanks for the heads up though.

20. roadie

roadie What's a Dremel?

Nice review. It certainly will be great to see some further AMD reviews when the 45nm CPUs turn up along with the updated motherboard chipsets.

Tags: Add Tags