1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling AMD and Corsair Hxx w/c questions...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by st1x, 11 Oct 2011.

1. st1x

st1x Surviving on low specs since '86

Lo peeps.
    I'm currently running a stock hs/f on my phenom II x2 550 BE and i was wondering about the corsair line of H60/80/100. Im plugged into a Asus Sabretooth 990 FX and will be upgrading my cpu around the new year (maybe but im not sure yet what too) and i was wondering if anyone had experiance with installing/reinstalling and so on and suchforth.
    Is it easy?
    Are these coolers even any good for an AMD system or should i stick with a frio for now?
    I aim to o/c the nuts off my current cpu (more out of curiosity and for poops n' guffaws than anything else) but i also want something thats going to be relatively futureproof thats going to hold up for a year or two.
    Any thoughts and comments are more than welcome.

Nic

2. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

The H60 is supposed to be very easy. Small watercooling head and just four thumbscrews.

3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

To be honest, both are very very good. Your Frio is one of the best aircoolers out there. Its probably on par with the H60 for cooling. You may see marginal drops in temp with the H80 and a slightly larger drop with the H100. However, you may want to weigh up the cost, as you will be dropping a boatload of cash, for only very slight decreases in temps.

I've had an Corsair H50 and a Antec Kuhler 620, and both are very very easy to install.

Your mobo should support Bulldozer, which will likely be released tomorrow. If not, a 955BE or a 1090T would both be good CPU upgrades.