1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 22 Feb 2007.

1. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I did not see any price drops on the socket 939 processors, they rising sky high :(
    But it is still cheaper the buying a am2 mobo + ddr2 + processor. I wish they had put out more types on the 939 platform. I now have a s939 x2 4800 and that was the highest available for s939.

I dont want to give up my expensive deluxe sli mobo and expensive corsair 2gb ddr! Just to buy a faster processor. Its ridiculous really...

2. traderonline

traderonline What's a Dremel?

yeah, AMD is trying to beat Intel by reducing the price of the current models. Still nothing can beat a C2D. We have to wait till AMD release the native quad core chips. Let's see whats next ? AM3 and quadro with ddr3 :D

3. Argonautz

Argonautz What's a Dremel?

amd's quad cores are gonna blow the intel quads out of the water

4. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

If they're based on this current architecture, the only thing they'll be blowing is themselves.

5. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

6. Lenny_Nero

Lenny_Nero What's a Dremel?

I think AMD did the right thing with the price drop, because I built a new rig around a 4200 x2 skt 939 because I could do it so cheap, and then (that was Dec) the prices have dropped even more since. I gave £100 for the 4200 and could now get a 3800 for around £60, I can do the same with the AM2 as well, so I have thought about that as well because it gives me an easy intro to the newer process, if what has been said is true.

7. ./^\.Ace./^\.

./^\.Ace./^\. What's a Dremel?

Intel tried this game before :nono: they said they had a 3.0GHz Processor and it wasn't really. this is what makes me suspicious of this guy here :miffed:

Tags: Add Tags