1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News AMD launches Radeon Gamer Series 2,133MHz RAM

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 8 May 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. phoenixck

phoenixck What's a Dremel?

All very nice and all, that manufacturers are offering a bit more for your money when it comes to ram, which is creeping up in price, again. However, I would have much preferred to see a 2 8gb modules.

3. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

CAS 10 2133 ram isn't cheap - on scan its around £130 for 4x4GB sticks

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Aye, which is about where this is going to sit: $150 converted to Sterling is £100, plus 20% VAT is £120, plus a tenner on getting the things from the US to here, higher cost of doing business in the UK, and so on and so forth.

5. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Would somebody spending this much on RAM really be running such a low performance(relatively speaking) APU?

Seems to be quite a mismatch in the marketing to me.

6. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

7. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

I still think most people are only likely to spend this much on RAM in a med/high end rig.

You've bought a cheap APU set up for a reason..cost or for a decent HTPC, if it's because of cost, your unlikely to be able blow over £100 on RAM, it it's for a HTPC, you don't need RAM this fast.

8. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

ram is going up in price as you said - I grabbed 2x4GB of cl9 1600 stuff last year for £25 , the same is now £50!

9. Marquee

Marquee Mac Pro Modder

I think you guys are missing the point. This is the lead up to future APU set ups. I have a 5800k and a 7950 with MVP I am getting better frame rates then just a 7950. The APU is the future for amd and it will need super fast ram in the future to make use of its gpu onboard

10. aLtikal

aLtikal 1338-One step infront of the pro's

If this gives a hell of a kick to mid-range boards then we possibly have, very capable, mini gaming machines at last. We have them now of course, but they could be better, and hopefull this product will enable that to happen.

11. SAimNE

SAimNE What's a Dremel?

i wonder if amd is going to be using this to make deals with comp manufacturers... basically make it a decent plan to build any apu builds with this ram inside.... would massively increase customers response to apus since most thought it was bad simply cuz they kept the stock 1333mhz ram instead of upgrading :|

12. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Who manufactures it for AMD? Is it Patriot like their standard 1333 stuff was?

13. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

^^ from anandtech

14. themassau

themassau What's a Dremel?

they should start to support ddr4. it will be more expensive at launch but it would become as cheap as 1600MHz ram but at this speed and whit lower power consumption.

15. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

no one Is using DDR4 atm in retail. so why support a product which has little use atm?

16. themassau

themassau What's a Dremel?

it is the chicken egg problem nobody produces ddr4 because no one uses it. but nobody uses it because the low production capacity. so if you support it maybe in a way like the am2+ chips then there are supporting chips and later supporting boards.

17. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

Id like to see 8gb sticks x 4