1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU AMD Phenom II 1090T Not displaying temps at all

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RagingMadman, 29 Oct 2012.

1. RagingMadman

RagingMadman What's a Dremel?

Ok, about 2 weeks ago I did a clean install because I switched from a WD 1TB HDD to an Intel SSD.
    Ever since I did that install my CPU has failed to display temps at all.
    Board posts temps, HDD posts temps, everything else is working fine.
    I've since updated my BIOS to the most recent, did yet another clean install, tried MULTIPLE programs including AMD distributed software, and NOTHING can read my CPU temps.
    The only thing I've even got to post a temp was open hardware monitor and it posts 0C.
    I've managed to check my BIOS and I can read my temps there.
    But the problem is I'm learning to OC and I can't tell how hard I'm stressing my CPU underload so I've only pushed it to 3.7 so far. It runs steady and I can't hear my stock heatsink screaming like a banshee so I'm assuming it's cool enough for now.
    Any suggestions?

Lists of software tried: Open Hardware, Speccy, CPUID, AMD overdrive/system monitor, and one other that I can't think of. Even The AMD tools read 0C

Could this be a sign of my CPU pushing up dasies? and if so, how are the FX-8350's looking?

Last edited: 29 Oct 2012
  2. rollo

rollo Modder

Sounds like a temp probe failure.

Way I always do it is using a pc thermometer, pretty accurate, very cheap. Relying on software to give an accurate temp never sounded like a bright idea to me.

£3-4 on eBay they use 2 forms of tracking a probe that you can put where you like.