1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 27 Apr 2010.

1. Cyberpower-UK

Cyberpower-UK Professional Overclocker

Fair point, you seen how much I've posted about it on our FaceBook page and my drip feed on XS? It's current and I've it on my test bench for weeks without being able to discuss performance due to NDA and I have access to high end kit to attack it with. I was disappointed with Thuban at first but once paired with 890FX it flies. And as usual this will get better as boards and BIOS mature.

For a bunch of alternative viewpoints look here: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=250615

2. crazyceo

crazyceo New Member

I don't see any proper evidence to support this. Not here on this site or any other reliable site.

If this 1090T can only just pip the i3-530 on test scores which are documented here on this site and other reliable ones, how can the lower 1055T be any better than the i5-750?

I'm sure Bit-Tech have a 1055T that's been put through it's paces and their more accurate review is on the cards sometime soon.

3. NuTech

NuTech New Member

I have it on good authority that you accepted money from both Tesco and Waitrose during your cheesecake test.

Rumour has it that as a result, both companies put a bounty on your head and now and forever you can only shop at the Co-op.

4. crazyceo

crazyceo New Member

Come to think of it, after many years hammering Marks and Spencer in the Christmas Pie test. This year it was favourable!

You bribe taking B%*&^$DS!!!!!!!!!!

5. EvilRusk

EvilRusk New Member

I have had AMD systems forever, and I honestly feel that the golden age ended sometime during the 939 socket when AMD were fiddling with a true dual-core whilst Intel just glued two cores together. Every chip release has been underwhelming since then.

Sure this "flagship" 6 core processor isn't as pricey as the Intel, but it really doesn't inspire the drool factor like the FX55/57 (with their ludicrous prices!). Right now it's like comparing a Ford to a Mercedes. Sure it's got four wheels, but it's a bit crappy.

I have Phenom 720 and Athlon 7850 systems and there is no difference between them for performance in anything I use them for. If anything the cheaper 7850 PC seems to be faster :/

Dual core really does seem to be the most you need for games right now.

6. zagortenay

zagortenay New Member

Ha ha! Bit-tech.net tricked you. You are a perfect example of what they are trying to achieve. You should have read reviews of other web-sites. Now the web is full of Thuban reviews and this is the most negative review with quite a margin.

7. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

So, take home message seems to eb, a good CPU for heavily multi-threaded stuff, but as far as value for money in an average system goes, you get more for your cash going intel.

Right, my question is, what's the prospects looking like for K11 then BT? I'd like to see an article looking at what we're likely to be seeing in, say, a years time. Will AMD be taking back the performance crown?

8. Cobalt

Cobalt New Member

The 1090T BE certainly doesn't seem like such a good deal. I think the 1055T looks much tastier considering that all you're sacrificing is the unlocked core. I don't normally touch the multiplier when OCing although I guess I could be behind the curve in this case. Certainly the 1055T is now a better buy than the 955 IMO.

Not that I've much of an interest in AMD CPUs at the moment. I'm planning on going the i5 750 route, though by the time I have the money who knows what will be out lol.

PS. zagortenay, chill. Seriously all this aggression is bad for your health.

9. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

The review is pretty much what i expected, a solid release, but nothing to get too excited about. At £240 i would probably pass, but if they drop to around £190 soon, i might re-consider. I also can't see the worth of a major upgrade with a new motherboard, CPU and possibly new RAM, but could maybe see the worth of buying just a new CPU IF there are games and applications out there that will exploit the extra cores.

Would be nice to see some comprehensive games testing on all the current platforms to get a better feel for each as a gaming platform. How about a CPU related gaming article bit-tech? :)

10. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Something like that is in the works :)

11. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

WTF is going on in here today, when I started reading the comments I had to do a double take as to weather I'd walked in to an under 12's debating society or the houses of parliament , why the hells the big slagging match going on, every 1's entitled to their own opinion but come on boys there no need for half of whats going on in here...And BINDIBADGI , should you really be going round threatening to put you're boot up some 1's arse, yes I know he was being a bit out of order with the comments but some 1 in you're position with the magazine and bit-tech really should be showing a bit more restraint even if you did'nt like what was being said. A stiff talking to before he was kicked out would have done....Right thats my rant over......And more to the point I'm on an AMD platform, the new 1090T might not be as good as I had hoped but it's also about £60 cheaper than I thought it would be, so I will be upgrading and bollox to what half of this lot think!!!

12. south side sammy

south side sammy Member

Sorry, but I read ALL the reviews on most of the other sites before I got here but didn't really read the review on this site..... Why would I want to buy something that can't give me better performance than what came before it for what I want to use it for ? Failure AMD. Speed is king and they didn't provide.
    I purchased it last night before there were any reviews hoping for the best on AMD's part. I've found over the years that AMD's processors outlast Intel's with regularity. ( my experience started with pIII's ) Every AMD processor I have ever owned still works. Can't say that about intel. ( owned about 43-47 different ones ) And my computers run a minimum of 16hrs a day, everyday, doing many different tasks from gaming to number crunching to compiling maps for pc games to surfing the net. A 6 core would have helped for some of this but not this 6 core. Just didn't give enough.
    Don't go around thinking I let myself get baited. I tell it like it is and if you don't like it.... well, just suck it up because it gets worse.

13. Cobalt

Cobalt New Member

Scratch my last post. I didn't realise the 1055T had lower stock clocks. I guess it really depends on how well it OCs to determine if its really a better deal than the 955.

14. cybergenics

cybergenics New Member

Nothing wrong with Bit Tech/CPC reviews. There are some pretty bad review sites out there, the worst probably being that one that likes everything. Think its based in the Netherlands.

15. mrbens

mrbens New Member

LOL. Brilliant! :D

16. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

Useless chip, TBH, on either way you look at it there's the Phenom II 965 and above it the i7-930 which makes it's existence pointless really.

17. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Member

Those charts look familiar..... like comparing the athlon 64 x2 vs core 2 duo.... Oh well I guess.

18. Anfield

Anfield Well-Known Member

Why are people complaining about the resolution bit-tech used in the game tests other than for being fanboys? It's not the I7-980 or the Athlon x2 250, but rather a midrange chip, so why would make testing it at a mid range resolution no sense?

Besides, you can't blame bit-tech for AMDs failure to catch up in all those years since the first c2d chips hit the market.

19. atul.teche

atul.teche New Member

Shame on you intel for bad marketing policy ,they think that any crap they make will sell like hot cakes; those days are not far away when AMD will lead the market through performance and cost efficient processors .

AMD ROXXXX

20. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

LOL... +1

Tags: Add Tags