1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware AMD Phenom X4 9850, 9750 and 9550

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 11 Apr 2008.

1. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

ya I plan on getting the MSI K9A2 Platinum for my Spider build, it has the best layout design so far for 790fx, so I look forward to that board unless by the time I get to buying the hardware nothing better is out.

2. wiak

wiak New Member

HourBeforeDawn get the GA-MA-790FX, Best layout by far :p
    and what about an 790FX Roundup Bit-Tech?
    like say Gigabyte MA-790FX-DS5, Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DSQ, MSI K9A2 Platinum, Asus' M3A32-MVP Deluxe etc?

3. pumpman

pumpman New Member

Informative review guys , kinda confirms what everyone knows, if you overclock buy the intel, if its for your mum or a friend who doesnt overclock the AMD will do fine

4. lemel

lemel bit-tech.net n00b.

Good news AMD have some CPU's worth considering...now just need some more choice on the higher end AM2+ mobos!

5. 1st time modder

1st time modder New Member

so far im still using my old-school northwood P4 3.0ghz..... runs everything from maya to photoshop in windows vista ultimate (while recording HD content, AT THE SAME TIME). Interesting benchmarks to boot, but im forgoing upgrading until i see a fundamental change in terms of performance.... ie mulit-core WINDOWS!

6. Sark.inc

Sark.inc New Member

i can see why they are using the higher end first, makes it easier to iron out problems, so the smaller less expensive chips are easier to make with little to no problems.

7. voodooforce

voodooforce New Member

Has anyone heard anything concerning release dates for 790FX motherboards with the SB700 south bridge? I was sort of expecting them to hit the market by now.

Tags: Add Tags