1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News AMD Radeon HD 6800-series benchmarked

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 12 Oct 2010.

1. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

okay I get the need for the name change, it actually does make since but it sure will throw people off on this generation compared to last but will be fine once the 7 series role out. Still trying to figure out which model compares to which previous but ehh Im sure it will make a bit more since in the coming weeks.

2. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

ME TOO! It was a neat design and it was surprisingly effective at keeping the GPU cool and quiet.(My case also has solid air-flow so that definitely helps keep the heat down.) I'm gonna hold onto my stock 5870 for a while I'm thinking, even if the new 6k series can give me some extra frame-rate in games the 5870 plays just about everything worth playing at 1080p and my FPS stays well above 60. Money spent on a new graphics card would be a waste for me right now. I'll have to wait for the full reviews with the latest drivers of course until I make my final decision but as long as my 5870 keeps pumping out good graphics I might just have to skip over the 6k series.

I am looking forward to seeing how the low and mid-range 6k GPU's turn out, I'm pondering building a small but kick-ass media center PC that can handle some light gaming and while there are a number of great cards out now that would fill that slot in a small build like that, I hope ATI will have a gem or two within it's new line-up of cards.

3. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

Well new generation new cooler, its all about branding but yes I will miss the batman cooler too

4. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

check out the heaven benchmark though.. if this is true were talking a nice leap

[​IMG]

here's my gtx460 with a 1080p res, same settings.. the thing with 3dmark is it averages the cpu score and physx into the final score.. so the benchmark is skewed unless it's done on the same hardware

that's what I like about heaven benchmark- the minimum fps look really high on these cards if the numbers are real

would rather have had a screen than html.. harder to fake

[​IMG]

5. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

LOL who cares about the name, only the price and performance matter. They could call it turd 1 as far as I'm concerned

6. ulfar

ulfar holy s**t, i can change this?

i wonder how the new mid range cards will compare to the old ones. let's say kitty-300 is the new badass, and let's say that it's 15% better than the previous badass. will kitty-200 also boast a 15% performance boost compared to it's predecessor?

7. samuelmorris

samuelmorris What's a Dremel?

Poor effort, I thought that the HD6900 series being the high-end single (6990 excluding) was common knowledge...

8. Cyberpower-UK

Cyberpower-UK Professional Overclocker

9. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Depends. Nothing will really be clear until the cards are actually out in the open.

It's common "knowledge" (read: qualified guesswork) however, that the 68xx series is a replacement for the 57xx series. If this is true, then the statement is false, since the 68xx series *appears* to be so much faster than the 57xx series.

10. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Yep. The replacement for the 5800s are the 6900s.

Tags: Add Tags