1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 15 Feb 2012.

1. Valinor

Valinor What's a Dremel?

But it runs fine on Ultra at 1080 with 4x AA with 1.3GB GDDR.

EDIT: Actually, it was 2x AA, and it did indeed slow down a lot when I put it up to 4x AA.

Last edited: 16 Feb 2012
  2. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Yep, performance hit from AA is massive in bf3.

both the 7750 and the 7770 are disappointing due to being massively overpriced.

3. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Who uses MSAA in BF3?! :eyebrow:

4. jon

jon Chief Phrenologist

One thought about the review specs ... in the graphs where you show the cards stacked against each other, can you provide links within the graphics that lead you to the other cards' reviews?

5. sub routine

sub routine Archie Gemel

how on earth can they produce something so mediocre in todays market at such a high price. Are AMD trying to scare off their potential customers who would be willing to invest in a company at such an early stage of a new product? Surely they want to make good use of their headstart against the greens.

6. thubleau

thubleau What's a Dremel?

Well , I hate to set the reviewer straight on some points but the 7770 OC from Asus sells for $155.00 in my neck of the woods and the 6870 sells for way over $200.00 so its slam dunk plus add up your saving in power and its a no brainer.

The big thing that was overlooked is the why people purchase new cards.

In my case I need a full DisPlayPort at the rear because I run a Samsung 27A750 monitor at 120HZ.
    My Gtx560 ti from Asus is no use to me because of the lack of display ports at the rear.

Also get this.

if you have mini displayPorts you need an adapter..cost $34.00 delivered.
    Factor that into the equation and the 7770 becomes more and more desirable,
    The 6850 has been quickly removed from the market..like it took less than a few days to remove it from websites in OZ.

.I know because I ordered one and it was not available so had to switch to the new Asus with full display port at the rear.

If you want power just add another 7770 in Crossfire mode thats an all up cost of $310.00.........try and find a single card for $310.00 that will out perform that setup and I will swim to New Zealand.

As for the 560TI that goes to my son and he can set it up with his other 560.

7. Adnoctum

Adnoctum Kill_All_Humans

Hilarious stuff in retrospect.
    Hello from 7 months in the future when nVidia has finally gotten around to releasing their HD7750/HD7770 competitor, the monumentally misnamed GTX650. Bet everybody who was sitting on the fence waiting for nVidia to show their hand, now wishes they hadn't. I'd be splitting my sides about that if the group didn't also include myself.

I came back to this review to see the numbers on the HD7770 and HD7750 again, and then saw the conclusion, the score and the comments. Which is when I began to laugh. Because everyone is saying how pointless the GTX650 is when the HD7770 is faster and is the same price or cheaper. How the wheel turns!
    Of course it helps that prices have gotten cheaper (it has been over 6 months) while the HD6850 has been discontinued for some time and are a lot harder to find.
    The HD7770 is looking pretty good now, and I'm poised to pull the trigger on that passive Sapphire HD7750 Ultimate I've had my eye on for 7 long months. I'm not bitter. Thanks nVidia. OK, I might be a bit bitter.

8. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

OCed Gigabyte HD7770 cost 114€ delivered .... guess it's a no brainer : )

Tags: Add Tags