1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware AMD Releases Radeon Software Crimson ReLive

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 8 Dec 2016.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

3. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

I must say in purely aesthetic terms, AMD's graphics driver UI pi**es all over Nvidia and its archaic control panel.

I'm looking to replace my two 970's in Q1 2017 with a single powerful card, and I really would like the option of a serious AMD contender to choose from at the 1070/80/Ti level.

4. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Fantastic :D:D:D:D:D *+8% = bar more than double in height* brilliant

5. Omnislip

Omnislip Minimodder

Tom's Hardware did a little test on Radeon Chill - it does really seem to work! A very nice little development, though a shame it is only on the 400 series cards.

6. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Is Radeon chill an exclusive feature for R7/R9/RX cards or will it work on an older card such as the HD7950?

7. loftie

loftie Multimodder

AFAIK, chill works on all GCN cards

8. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Yeah the press materials say all GCN cards

9. Wwhat

Wwhat Minimodder

I think the drivers starting right before crimson are a pretty good argument to switch to nvidia, and this 'fix Firefox crashing' for the 14th time is real good news, for the 14th time.... or not since it's probably not true again.

I wonder if I should even bother trying these new ones, I think I'll wait until I'm in some unusually good mood.

Edit: and until they release the hotfix for this one of course.

Last edited: 8 Dec 2016
  10. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

I've installed this and ran ReLive while playing Doom at 1440p and trying to stream to Twitch at 1440p, but I've been told its just a black screen even tho it tells me i'm live.

I didn't notice any performance issues yet but i'll see if its the same when its working properly.

11. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Drivers from any company are generally a good argument to switch to a competing product :D

12. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

13. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Installed it earlier, failed and said "Partially installed". So I tried again with the clean install checked, seems to have gone on OK. Where is this chill thing?

14. Wwhat

Wwhat Minimodder

@loftie Tru dat, the Nvidia ones are not all that awe inspiring either.

15. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

Having just recently switched from nVidia to AMD after many years, I've got to say I'm really impressed with ReLive. Just wanted to have a little snoop around to see what it could do and it was so easy to use I ended up streaming to twitch in a minute or two. I didn't notice a performance hit and the quality was very good. The UI is very easy to use, normally I find a few features are hidden away but everything seems to be laid out fairly logically. Hopefully i'll remain as impressed as I use it longer term.

16. Podge4

I've play more with the settings for ReLive and Twitch doesn't like it if you try to stream in 1440p, at least it didn't for me. As soon as i put it back to 1080p it worked perfect. Im testing Doom with it at the moment, f anyone wants to check how it streams i'm under PodgePapin on Twitch. Sadly I can't guarantee when or how long im on for at the moment.

Last edited: 18 Dec 2016
  17. Vault-Tec

I'm currently waiting on a CPU upgrade but when it arrives I will try it at 1440p :)

The CPU I have now is simply clocked too low for heavy gaming and stuff like this.

18. Podge4

With my FX8350 and now with the RX480 8gb i've been able to get Doom on Ultra settings and the Vulkan api (using its own fps counter overlay to check), at 1080p its a min of 60fps and is usually in the 100s in some areas. I can get it playing at 4k and sometimes it drops just below 30fps but not very often. If i can record a clip with ReLive i'll try to stick it on Youtube with the settings on screen.

Edit: I've recorded 3 short clips using ReLive, they are uploading to Youtube now, same as Twitch my username is PodgePapin.

Last edited: 20 Dec 2016
  19. Vault-Tec

Yeah I wish Vulkan would be in more games. I'm not buying BF1 until it has Vulkan and I can get silly FPS out of it.

20. rollo

rollo Modder

Might be waiting a while there vault. Considering the issues the game has under dx12. There's also been very little mention of it been done.

Mantle was never really working as intended in bf4, my guess dice have decided to avoid all issues relating to Low level apis and just do the dx11 / 12.

Tags: Add Tags