1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News AMD releases TWKR Edition CPU

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 1 Jul 2009.

1. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Because simply put no-one really would want one of these apart from extreme overclockers and they can get them for free from AMD anyway.

I don't know why you're so critical of AMD's decision, they're basically just taken some "dead" parts (as mentioned these chips draw far more power and have a far worse life expectancy) which might be of some interest to extreme overclockers and renewed them. They're helping the extreme overclocking industry.

2. thEcat

thEcat What's a Dremel?

My information differs though I do agree with your conclusion...

From http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=228371 post #86

... quite a fun thread if you have the time to read it :)

3. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Hit or miss, if they break records, it'll help sell things..

Easy way to get rid of some excess stock.

Still I want my X4 940 BE, forget the 955..

4. B3CK

B3CK Minimodder

1a. Glad to see that amd is able to put more time into testing each chip.
    1b. Hope it doesn't lead to the rubbish chips getting into my hands by someone saying, "throw em in with all the rest and hope no one returns them due to poor performance."
    2. While I understand the pros of this stunt, I wish they would make, "We took our marketing revenue this quarter and instead of trying to hit another high benchmark number, we put it into either making the existing chips cheaper, or next quarters yield cheaper."
    3. Am not going to be purchasing any chips for my main rig or my customers based on overclock values unless it is a giant gain from a run-of-the-mill cheapo chip.

5. dec

dec [blank space]

AMD calls it marketing. I call it a giant middle finger to intels $1000 extreme editions.

Tags: Add Tags