1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News AMD unveils Ryzen Threadripper retail packaging

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 25 Jul 2017.

1. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

the issue we were having at first was the colon appearing so we had to do some weird stuff to get that working and at a guess it's messed up something else. Also the character to auto generate http or https is / so you'll put it in to generate https then it will end up escaping something else in the URL so it's a game of cat and mouse.

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Replacing "http" with "https" shouldn't cause any escaping-or-not-escaping errors, 'cos all you're doing is adding a single character which doesn't need escaping.

Sounds to me like it needs a refactor. Again, happy to cast a fresh pair of eyes over it - these sort of scripts were my bread and butter back when I was a sysadmin, and I still write 'em to this day for one task or another.

3. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Learn something new everyday. Hopefully the fix I should be trying in a bit should work. If not I might send over a quick PM

4. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Looks like you can at least see the issue and it isn't only me who gets tied in /\//\//\ scripting issues :D I am indeed at work as was asked in the bugs thread, works fine on Edge and my phone browser just not my office one, if you need something from me, let me know.

Good luck

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Aye. Started off life as a network monkey in schools, then hospitals, then network manager for a school, then sysadmin and top-end support for a company wot made Linux-powered edu-portal boxes, then jacked it all in for the glamorous life of a word-slinger. Still use Linux, still write scripts and other code: there're a bunch of shiny programs in JavaScript and Python in my new book (out in October, apparently) and a Bash script I wrote for downloading files from Archive.org was officially sanctioned and used the world over (and still is, even though it's been officially replaced with an all-in-one download/upload/manage utility.)

6. MLyons

It may partially be to do with how your work handles their connection or system setup. We had this a few weeks ago with another user for something else and they could only replicate it on their work machine on their work network.

May have to get one for the office. :thumb:

7. Gareth Halfacree

If you've ever wanted to catch simulated fruit on a BBC micro:bit, you'll be very glad you did.

BBC micro:bit not included.

8. MLyons

JS and Python is what we mainly use so may be of some use. Also why not support one of our editors :happy:

can i get it signed? ;)

9. Gareth Halfacree

My signature, like my writing, is a barely-legible scrawl, so you can save time and sign it yourself - I'll happily provide provenance!

10. MLyons

Damm i was hoping that would be my retirement one day.

11. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

One thing is clear, Lisa Su has got a really big box.

[​IMG]

MLyons likes this.
  12. mcborge

mcborge What's a Dremel?

I would love to get my hands on one of those chips... On an unrelated note, does anyone want to buy a kidney, Lol.

13. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Well, it couldn't hurt having a spare.
    What are the specs on that kidney? Has it seen much use?

14. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

A used kidney? That's just taking the piss...

Mind you, I believe it was liquid cooled.

Tags: Add Tags