1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

and now i know why they say

Discussion in 'General' started by Woodstock, 14 Nov 2007.

1. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

take a tyre puncture repair kit when you go for a ride... got one today in the middle of nowhere, no cellphone coverage, no house or traffic for 3km, sooo i think i might take a kit with me in the future but how practical is it to fix on the side of the road, the only way i know of to find the puncture is with a bucket of water

2. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

What are you talking about? Bicycle?

You can always pack a handheld pump or CO2 discharger and a spare tube or slime.

But hey, at least you had a nice walk today, it happens to everyone at some point or another. =P

It could have been worse!

3. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

um yeah a bicycle but how exactly would your find the hole

4. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

you don't. pack a spare tube, and swap it in.

however, you can usually find the hole by pumping up the tube up really full and running your hand around i until you feel air blowing against it. if the hole is too big to pump the tire up, you can usually find the hole just by looking closely. and always be sure to run your hand around the inside of the tire and check the rimstrip before you put the tube back in.

5. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

And make sure you get the tire back on around the tube right, or risk snake-biting your replacement tube and ending up totally SOL.

6. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

First time I changed the tube, I didn't do that.. yea.. learned quick :hehe:

7. Seraphim Works

Seraphim Works What's a Dremel?

You could be lazy like me and get armoured tyres. I did, admittedly for the road bike, and I haven't had a puncture in months.

8. Pha3dr0n

Pha3dr0n Where's my Valium?

I havent cycled in years, but I used to get a can of that aerosol repair glue stuff. Get a puncture, blow the tyre up, attach the aerosol to the valve and let rip - it lines the innertube abd plugs the hole. A bit messy, and not a long term solution, but it worked for me.

@ Stuey -Your blanked out sig makes me laugh every time - eimple things I guess ;)

9. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

In the alps I broke a chain once... Too badly to be fixed :(

Walking up the alps and cycling down is not as fun as it sounds. By the time you get to the top, you just want to sleep :p

10. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Luckily I've never had that problem and even if it did I'm never more than an hours walk from home.