1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And the winner is...

Discussion in 'General' started by MikeTitan, 1 Mar 2004.

1. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

Well looks like lord of the rings finally made it and did it in style... It had a clean sweep at the oscars winning every category it was in. Thats 11 categories people.. That means it is tied with Ben Hur and Titanic...

it won:

• Best Picture
    • Art Direction
    • Costume Design
    • Directing
    • Film Editing
    • Makeup
    • Music (original song)
    • Music (original score)
    • Sound Mixing
    • Visual Effects
    • Adapted Screenplay

Whew.. looks like the geeks/nerds of the world won't riot! :D :hehe:

2. Mouse

Mouse New Member

Heh, darn. I was kinda hoping to see thousands of sword-wielding fantasy lovers assaulting the academy hq. Complete with ballistas, battering rams, and a lot of folks in bad orc costumes...

That said, well deserved, about bloody time.

3. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

That has to be the biggest fix going, they knew that was the last film in the series so they gave it a load of awards, mind you it it more deserving than that junk known as titanic. The 1st one in the series is the best one out of the trilogy, don't get me wrong the rotk was a great film but not deserving of winning all the awards it was norminated for.

4. -A-

-A- New Member

Yeh but come one, Best Original Score! Didnt it get that for the other two! If it got it for the first one then it shouldnt be allowed for the others becaus ethey're almost teh same. It ridiculous! That said! ROTK is a class film and portrays the book very well! Except for them messing about with Shelob!

-A-

5. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

LOTR FOTR-
    Won:
    • Music Original Score
    • Makeup
    • Visual Effects
    • Cinematography

was nominated for:
    • Writing
    • Supporting Actor (gandalf)
    • Art Direction
    • Costume Design
    • Directing
    • Film Editing
    • Music Original Song
    • Best Picture
    • Sound
    if my math serves me correctly was actually nominated for 2 more then then ROTK

and LOTR:TTT
    won:
    • Sound Editing
    • Visual Effects

Nominated for:
    • Best Picture
    • Film Editing
    • Sound
    • Art Direction

Speaking in movie terms It the most sucessful trilogy for Academy awards ever. With 17 academy awards under its belt and 30 nominations (which means it won more then half of the categories it went up for.)

/edit: The only real one that got robbed was TTT becuase Chicago wasn't that good to win Best Picture IMO but I do think A Beautiful Mind deserved to win the 2001 best picture. And for 2001 Moulin Rouge got costume design which is semi understandable.

Last edited: 1 Apr 2004
  6. -:: M@ ::-

-:: M@ ::- Testify!

next trilogy by NewLine - The Dark Materials trilogy (based on the books by Pullman) I bet that will give LOTR a run for its money (wont beat it tho) such amazing books, cant wait to see how they adapt them, best not ruin it tho!!! - M@