1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films Angels & Demons

Discussion in 'General' started by thehippoz, 16 May 2009.

1. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

just saw this movie today.. if I was british, I would have to yell rabbish.. it makes italians look like the biggest fools on the planet

2. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

Wow.. That was such an in depth really useful review of the film there.

Bit-tech != Twitter.

3. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

I've watched a "media exclusive" of most of the film.
    Mostly psychological. Do not expect to see either Demons or Angels in the final cut.

john

4. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I saw a preview for this today. And then I discovered that it comes out today. From the look of the preview, I would say its pretty good. Going to see it on the 29th when I get back from the sticks.

5. mr00Awesome

mr00Awesome YEAH SWEET LEMONADE

Disappointing,
    they flipped some bits around and left out about 70-80 percent of the details.
    And it was those same details that made the story a good read. I hate when hollywood does this
    to good stories. I give it a c+ b- at best.(and most of that comes from not following the book at all.)

6. klutch4891

klutch4891 What's a Dremel?

I just got back from watching it, it was alright
    but am I the only person who was very bothered by the fact they didn't even bother to get the events from the two books in the correct order? mr00Awesome is right they left out way too many of the good details and included pointless ones. I say a B or B+, but I'm not very demanding of movies.

7. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

I never read the book.. not a big tom hanks fan either- he sold out a long time ago with saving his privates

it's just the movie at least.. seemed like he was the only one other than his swiss sidekick- who never gets naked btw, who knew his ass from a hole in the ground.. everyone else was running around like a chicken with their head cut off..
    and antimatter in little bottles powered by a watch battery- I like sci fi but that's over the top for 2009.. I mean even at the end, the police turn around and ran away, and of course he finds the secret passage- at least I snuck in my hoagie, about the only thing I enjoyed about it- and tom hanks face was pissing me off

8. neonplanet40

neonplanet40 Minimodder

If you read the book you'll hate it because all the main action scenes and events were completely left out! No idea what they were thinking when they done this.

9. Ady6UK

Ady6UK Feck Off

Pretty much the truth. I read the book first and was sadly disappointed by the film. However, I also read the Da Vinci Code first but quite enjoyed the film.