1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Angry Birds Star Wars crossover planned

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 9 Oct 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

For me the best Star Wars tie in had to be the Family Guy ones but I did enjoy lego star wars as well. Anyway I'll happily give this a try in November.

3. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

What an inane statement.

4. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I thought the Star Wars Currys/PC World ads were quite apt. Darth Vader going into one of the stores shows that Currys/PCW belongs to the Sith...

5. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

George Lucas bleeds yet more money out of his thirty odd year old film franchise. Slow news day?

6. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

I'm of the generation that felt Star Wars was something special. We had three movies, some great toys and best of all very few people knew how low George Lucas could go - I'm talking about the true horror of The Holiday Special.

We accepted Mark Hamil's wooden performance because of the facial injury he got towards the end of filming.

We accepted Ewoks because we knew they really should have been Wookies had they had the budget.

We even begrudgingly accepted the dross at the edges of the franchise as long as we didn't have to watch the Ewok movies .

And then came the god-awful prequels, George's "I'm not finished yet - just one more tweak" habit of dicking around with episodes IV,V & VI and the sin of sins - the unstoppable merchandising machine that will connect literally anything to the star wars name if they can make a quick buck. *

Need I say more? George Lucas took something magical and turned it into something David Blaine

The only shining light is we got Star Wars Lego, the best mash-up since the Utah Saints said "How about an Annie Lennox sample?"

* Actually the sin of sins is the whole Han / Greedo thing. As it fundamentally changes a character's personality I find it even worse than those vomit inducing Disney dance spectaculars or Kinect games.

Edit: Yes I'm sure I'll buy this angry birds game just like I've bought all the others, but I've got five year old twins - I'm allowed to buy crap like this.

Last edited: 9 Oct 2012
  7. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

"People that have brains will like our game. You DO have a brain.... don't you?" - said vice president scrooge mcduck as he rolled in his swimming pool full of money.

Tags: Add Tags